Winter Olympics Receives Extremely Poor Television Ratings

Originally published at: Winter Olympics Receives Extremely Poor Television Ratings | Infostormer.com

The Winter Olympics have come and gone and it looks like not to many people gave a shit. Ratings were extremely low.

Deadline:

In the end, the final day of primetime competition for the XXIII Winter Olympics was both a winner and loser to the XXII Winter Olympics of just over four years ago.

On its last Saturday, the often tractionless PyeongChang games hit a new low, dipping 5% from the previous rock bottom of February 23 with 8.7/16 metered market results on both NBC and NBC Sports Networks. As harsh as that is, last night’s results were up just over 1% from the final Saturday of Sochi 2014. A low for those Russian-based games in the early numbers, that February 22, 2014 primetime coverage on NBC-only went on to dribble in a weak 13.3 million viewers.

That small victory over 2014 may bring a toast or two around NBC HQ this morning but the overall reality is that the 2018 Winter Games are going to be the lowest rated ever with a drop of nearly 10% from the previous low of Sochi. Hell, Saturday to Saturday, last night was down 15% in metered market ratings from February 17, which was a low at the time.

The United States Olympic team was heralded as the most racially diverse ever. It is no surprise that with this racial diversity, the team had a very mediocre performance.

Since when is superficial nonsense a more important factor than winning? It’s no wonder why people tuned out. We’ve chosen as a country to celebrate some token monkey person who makes a team instead of excellence in competition.

On top of this, the Olympics just don’t have the prestige that it once had. It was a much more important event during the Cold War than it is now.

6 Likes

Not only brought down by racial diversity, but the promotion of faggotry by Team USA and NBC. I tried watching a few events, such as hockey and women’s figure skating, but NBC would keep cutting to the commentators and one was an insufferable, simpering queer. Whenever I heard his effeminate voice I would turn it off. I imagine China and Russia must be laughing at the idea that the USA would use a sodomite as an announcer.

6 Likes

You didn’t appreciate this cocksucking faggot, Johnny Weir, hosting the closing ceremonies?images

4 Likes

Worst medal total for the US in 20 years and Norway, a country with the same population of Colorado, kicked our ass- that racial diversity is really paying dividends.

5 Likes

That´s it. You americans love winners. No winners=bad ratings.

The ratings in Norway and Germany were excellent.

Mudshark Lindsey Vonn in the German House.

1063701_608x342_1qAKN8_tznEvQ

4 Likes

I’m trying to think of some Wakandan Winter Olympic memes,but I’m having trouble.

Vibranium powered bobsleds,maybe? ( there’s a precedent,after all… )

4 Likes

And Canada with one tenth the population of the U.S., a sorry ass Marxist P.M., was just behind Germany, but ahead of the U.S.

4 Likes

The “Olympics” promote globalism, race-mixing and faggotry. Who needs 'em?

6 Likes

Heard all kinds of excuses on the local news this morning about this - mostly that the American team wasn’t very strong this year and was over-hyped.

I didn’t watch b/c I am sick of diversity, homosexuality and globalism shoved down my throat. Sick of Asians being pushed as “Americans.”

I am glad Norway won the most medals overall and Germany the most golds.

I am for Whites wherever they are…

5 Likes

True, but it wasn´t always like that.
1936_eroeffnungsfeier_hitler_goering_goebbels_foto_cohen

3 Likes

The Pre-1968 Olympics were a celebration of white nations and white athleticism- the 1968 Olympics opened Pandora’s box of negro activism and social justice posturing220px-John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr

2 Likes

@Herr_Wolf Too bad the White guy standing on box #2 didn’t give the Roman salute.

3 Likes

The Olympic Committee fucked the Russians over & they in turned fucked them over with their stunning victories in figure skating (the female winners were gorgeous!) & hockey. What really pissed me off was the US hockey team coach’s refusal to shake the hand of the winning Russian team coach after getting shutout 4-0! The USA has become one clusterfuck of a country & the Olympics have just proved it.

2 Likes