UPS Eliminating 12,000 Jobs

Originally published at: https://infostormer.com/ups-eliminating-12000-jobs/

UPS did a major labor deal that guaranteed huge raises for workers just a few months ago. In particular, there were reports about how drivers could get up to $170,000. Now they are eliminating 12,000 jobs because they can no longer afford the inflated salaries.

UPS workers approve massive new labor deal with big raises: Aug 23, 2023

UPS to cut 12,000 positions: Jan 30, 2024 pic.twitter.com/OWywSrnYZ5

— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 30, 2024

UPS workers "fought hard for pay and safety gains" only months ago and now UPS is firing 12,000 workers. pic.twitter.com/MJMLcHZFos

— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) January 30, 2024

BREAKING: UPS, $UPS, to cut 12,000 jobs after what its CEO called a "difficult and disappointing" year.

The company has stated that they are looking to cut $1 billion of annual costs.

UPS stock is currently down 6% after the announcement.

Over the last 3 months, layoffs have… pic.twitter.com/zA4Laq9FPL

— The Kobeissi Letter (@KobeissiLetter) January 30, 2024

If you don't think the economy can turn on a dime – just look at what happened with UPS.

Six months ago UPS was paying driver $170,000 now they are cutting +12,000 jobs.

Life comes at you fast.

— Genevieve Roch-Decter, CFA (@GRDecter) January 30, 2024

The fact that a shipping company like UPS is eliminating positions is another sign that the economy is not doing well. It shows that people aren’t buying things and paying to have those things sent to customers.

Yesterday we saw how iRobot was eliminating 31 percent of their staff after Amazon decided not to buy the company. There’s non-stop job cuts everywhere and yet Jewish economists tell us that unemployment is at like 3 percent or something. It’s not believable.

Here’s a few of Jeremiah Babe’s latest economic doom videos. He’ll tell you how bad everything is. The entire economy is running off of debt. It’s a joke.

4 Likes

There are a LOT of deliveries in my neighborhood - I see FedEx, Amazon delivery and USPS, especially on Sundays (they want to get into the lucrative delivery business too).

It is at least 3-1 other delivery services vs. UPS, that is the one I see the least. Ditto for delivery-crazy San Francisco where I rarely see UPS.

I think their union probably did them in - took a friend over to UPS to mail four boxes to Pennsylvania - cost close to $600 (!!). I was really socked - friend was in a hurry so didn’t have time to check FedEx or USPS, which I suspect would have been less.

2 Likes

Yes, and don’t forget the tens of millions of Brownies flooding our border who will need M O N E Y. The Taxpayers will either have to put them on perpetual welfare or corporate America will have to further “diversify” their workforce excluding Whites for employment.

during the Jew-caused “great depression” they kicked-out all of the invaders so that White People could work. I don’t see this happening. We’re fucked…

3 Likes

While reading your excellent post several delivery trucks have stopped in my neighborhood, ma’am. They’re usually FedEx and Amazon, but sometimes there’s a few UPS trucks. I know Amazon and FedEx don’t make the deliveries themselves, they use independent companies working under contract. That must save 'em a great deal, whereas UPS uses its own drivers and trucks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.