Southwest Airlines Operational Collapse Continues

Originally published at: Southwest Airlines Operational Collapse Continues | Infostormer.com

Southwest Airlines operations have totally collapsed. Their logistical systems and staff were incapable of handling the rescheduling of flights after some inclement weather hit the country during the Christmas holiday. This has become the biggest operational failure of any American airliner that I can personally remember.

Thousands of their scheduled flights have been cancelled for days now.

BREAKING NEWS: Southwest Airlines cancels 2,500 flights Wednesday as nationwide travel woes continue https://t.co/kOWAEbV1bF

— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) December 28, 2022

This type of operational collapse was not difficult to predict. The company mandated their employees take the dangerous fake COVID-19 vaccines. This resulted in people quitting who did not want to take this fake vaccine and it ruined the immune systems of the people who did take it. It also created complications in hiring new people.

This is the root of the problem with @SouthwestAir …and many other airlines. This goes back to the vaccine mandates when many pilots left and many coming in didn't want to risk taking the vaccine and were fired or not hired. The fault is with the Biden admin and @SouthwestAir. pic.twitter.com/6cUsdkZQF5

— Natalie F Danelishen (@Chesschick01) December 27, 2022

Here’s another issue.

Fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace has always been embedded in our Company Values. Read more about our DEI efforts in our inaugural Southwest Airlines Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Report: https://t.co/pFzCYzuXeG pic.twitter.com/wo5yRoGv4G

— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) May 4, 2022

They were more concerned about “diversity” than they were about ensuring they could operate their airline efficiently. Of course, if you are making “diversity” a priority, you aren’t prioritizing competence.

Look at this.

Maybe Southwest Airlines should spend less time hanging up fake woke holiday banners and more time making sure their flights don't get cancelled. pic.twitter.com/2dSOPC3QEw

— Brigitte Gabriel (@ACTBrigitte) December 27, 2022

The time they used to put up that banner for a fake holiday would have been better used to focus in on operations and logistics. It might be a small thing, but it further encapsulates the ridiculous mindset at this organization.

Baggage claim areas for Southwest at various airports continue to be filled with passenger luggage.

This is the scene here at @DENAirport as of 9:30 p.m. tonight. Hundreds, if not thousands, of bags belonging to @SouthwestAir passengers remain. @DenverChannel pic.twitter.com/jAUDSaC3PF

— Pattrik Perez (@PattrikPerez) December 28, 2022

A sea of luggage 🧳 Somehow thousands of bags were flown to Houston without their accompanying passengers… how is this possible @SouthwestAir?

One woman telling me her mother’s luggage from Detroit made it to Houston after mom’s flight was canceled twice. pic.twitter.com/824SEm8Md2

— Shelley Childers (@shelleyabc13) December 27, 2022

It could take weeks to sort all this out.

Reportedly, Southwest was running computer systems that haven’t been updated in 20 years. Apparently, their crew scheduling system failed which has been a major part of this meltdown.

A Reddit post explains the Southwest Airlines meltdown (it cancelled >2.5k flights today).

TLDR: Crew scheduling system is 20 years outdated. In event of disruption, can only be changed via phone and manually updated (no app/internet options). And generally understaffed. pic.twitter.com/dOTRDdnqMa

— Trung Phan (@TrungTPhan) December 28, 2022

Southwest's COO admitted today outdated scheduling software made catching up impossible when things went a little haywire. Major airline with old software. Just kept rolling the dice. Like a big bank saying "Yeah, our security software is outdated. Well see how it goes."

— Jim Benemann (@jimbcbs4) December 27, 2022

Then there’s this memo that was sent out from management prior to the bad weather hitting that threatened employees with termination if they called out sick or refused to work overtime.

I don’t understand this @SouthwestAir memo to airport employees—

1) employees who call out sick will be fired if no illness note from a doctor IN PERSON (virtual doc not valid!)

2) No personal leave. Else termination!

3) refusing to work overtime ==> termination!

Insanity! pic.twitter.com/hFjnhH34Qo

— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) December 28, 2022

That memo right there would make me want to quit and find another line of work.

This is a total disaster and just indicative of how things are really starting to collapse across this country. The fun is only getting started. I can assure you that it is going to get much much worse.

2 Likes

Reason for failure?

Right here:

They deserve to go out of business. Air crashes are next.

2 Likes

Jews give awards to companies who systematically discriminate against White People.

1 Like

The more diverse this nation becomes the more it resembles a 3rd world country. Before these companies were forced to hire nonWhites, most industries ran smoothly. Everything today is more about profit and less about customer service.

Once TSA was implemented, I stopped flying but it’s not just the airlines, it’s everywhere.

1 Like

I saw your comment after I wrote mine but it’s 100 % accurate.

1 Like

‘Patel, make sure those programs are working! We’re expecting a busy holiday season here at Southwest!’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.