Small Businesses Struggling to Find Workers to Hire

Originally published at: Small Businesses Struggling to Find Workers to Hire | Infostormer.com

A major problem small businesses are facing right now is finding people who want to work. Take for example what’s happening in New York City. The restaurant industry which was already decimated by the coronavirus lockdowns, now can’t find people to help them operate their business.

"The Staffing Shortage Is Real" – Manhattan Restaurants Struggle To Hire As Millions Paid Not To Work https://t.co/FtXIJscJqN

— zerohedge (@zerohedge) May 1, 2021

What’s happening is that people are making more by doing nothing and collecting money from the government instead of working. This is forcing small businesses to cut their hours or even go out of business entirely. This is happening in many parts of the country.

This is what happens when you extend unemployment benefits for too long and add a $1400 stimulus payment to it. Right when employers need workers to fully open back up, few can be found. pic.twitter.com/DlrQp8Vzw1

— David Rouzer (@RepDavidRouzer) April 30, 2021

There are no employees available in California. We are paying dishwashers $21 to start. The two main reasons people tell me they won't work: 1. They are making enough on unemployment and would rather not work; 2. With schools closed, they can't pay someone to watch their children

— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) April 29, 2021

The staffing problems are so bad that a McDonald’s in Florida actually offered people $50 just to show up for an interview.

Florida McDonald's Pays $50 Just to Show up for a Job Interview https://t.co/R3dLChwOo9 #Newsmax via @Newsmax

— Logan Ratick (@Logan_Ratick) April 26, 2021

This is a totally unsustainable situation that is designed to create a class of people dependent upon government for survival. All the money that’s being created out of nothing to pay people not to work has the added impact of devaluing the existing money in circulation. This is causing the price of everything to go up.

If somebody can explain to me how there is a way out of this, I’d love to hear it. Because at this point, I don’t see how this won’t result in anything other than a total economic collapse.

5 Likes

Just read about this - a coming gas shortage this summer b/c they can’t find truckers to haul the gas:

CNN reported yesterday that the concerns about shortage have nothing to do with gasoline supply—but everything to do with a shortage of qualified truck drivers to get the gas from the refineries to the stations.

That, and kids no longer want to work for “chump change” for small businesses, listen to bosses or work on weekends.

I was in a toy store before a kid’s party on a Saturday morning and the line was to the back of the store - I had no choice but to wait.

When I got to the front of the line, the owner was the only one there - I asked him where all his help was - he said he couldn’t find anyone to work Friday nights or weekends, he had plenty of applications, but all stated “no Fridays or weekends.”

He went out of business shortly after that.

That’s why we have adult hispanics in places like MacDonald’s now (in Southern California) - who believe these types of jobs are life-long careers - demanding $15/hour for $2/hour skills.

No wonder everything is becoming automated - and soon trucking will be as well. It’s coming…(son is in tech and says they’re furiously working on automated trucking now).

3 Likes

It’s like that for lots of businesses in my area. Many have been forced to limit their hours due to lack of staffing.

I feel like I’m seeing more and more “help wanted” and “for lease” signs everywhere I go. Many businesses have closed and the businesses that were fortunate enough to survive the lockdowns can’t find people to work because they’re getting free money from the government.

Its not good out there. A gas shortage will just further exacerbate the issues.

4 Likes

My SoCal town is full of out-of-business restaurants - and a lot of other businesses, including some that had been in business for decades. Not good.

My niece works at a large, well-known amusement park (as a career), was laid off and made more money from the government than she did working for Disney.

2 Likes

SoCal is not looking so good.

3 Likes

USOIL - MARKET BREAKDOWN ! SELL in MAY (and go away)!

COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination

As a “hobby” day trader with 14 years experience, this prolonged chinese disease will be every government’s “reasons” for continued lockdowns, some predict more months, if not years to come.
Just long enough to grip their world globalist agendas, and with the stolen elections by treasonous “Sniffer In Chief” and Kameltoe Harris destroying America with open borders and shutting down energy economics, well, it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion.
Lock and load.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.