Rite aid raises prices +75% on Everything - Bidenflation out of control

Went into Rite Aid yesterday they have raised prices +75% on EVERYTHING in the entire store.
Went into 2 grocery stores afterward they had both raised prices +50% on EVERYTHING also.
I had gone into all these places just a few days before and I am 100% certain. We saw this happen before to some extent during Biden gas prices fiasco at start of his term.

Bidenflation out of control. Kiss having nice things and nice easy life goodbye.

People please shop around it’s the only way to lower the prices once they go up. Almost impossible to do.
We need to prevent them from going up in the first place and get Biden the FO of office.

3 Likes

You’re lucky to have Rite-aid that is still open - most have closed in California due to mass shoplifting/theft.

Everything is up by ≈ 33% since Biden took office - I suspect also from massive “inventory loss” that the companies have to make up for.

There is also mass shrinkflation going on. Opened up a package of Girl Scout cookies and immediately noticed the cookies are smaller and there are fewer of them in each row. I’ve also noticed it with power/protein bars that my family likes - they’re MUCH smaller now than they were two years ago.

4 Likes

It’s ridiculous. Then along with the rising prices, every company is lowering their package size without saying anything. So a product you used to buy at 8 ounces is now 6.4 ounces, but the container is the same size in order for people not to notice, and the price is higher. Call it Shrinkflation.

4 Likes

Yes, I just posted about that before reading your comments!

It’s despicable.

There’s a Vons supermarket in my neighborhood. About six months ago, they closed for a day and when they reopened practically everything was locked behind plastic compartments. About the only thing not locked up is the produce.

3 Likes

You should see it in San Francisco - where entire grocery store aisles are behind locked plexi glass - we also went to a hardware store where there was a desk in the entryway with a clerk asking what we needed and he would get it for us - no one was allowed inside the store any longer.

It’s despicable - yet morons in California will continue to vote for more of same - while Gavin Newsom blames Trump and Republicans for the destruction of California.

3 Likes

Yes exactly and massive shrinkflation do they think that is okay or that I am fucking tricked??? :rage: :rage: :rage:

So rite aid will keep running ‘sale’ items at previous sale price to try to hide their price raising on everything else and throw you off. It’s only a matter of time before that ends and they slowly increase all sale prices also.

2 Likes

This is the way it was in Nigger Town in the 70’s. You had to purchase everything from outside the store and the clerk was protected by bullet-proof glass. The entire country is going in this direction.

the economic term is “hyper inflation”.

Not long ago at Walmart I used to buy some economy sized virgin olive oil for under $19.00 . I had been buying it for decades. I looked at the price yesterday and it was $34.xx.

Biden’s Green Revolution was the nail in the coffin for our fragile economy.

1 Like