President Trump Touts Building Steel Barrier for Border Wall

Originally published at: President Trump Touts Building Steel Barrier for Border Wall | Infostormer.com

President Trump just provided an update on negotiations with the Democrats. It looks like the discussion is centered around constructing a steel barrier instead of a concrete barrier for the border wall.

Quite frankly, I don’t care what the wall is made out of. So long as the wall prevents brown people from entering the country that’s all I give a shit about.

The Border Patrol which has the resident on the ground experts have requested some type of structure that allows them to see through to the other side. A full concrete wall would not satisfy that requirement but a steel structure would.

He also put out this tweet touting the coming construction of the wall.

He also spoke to the press before leaving for Camp David. He reiterated his intention to declare a national emergency to build the wall if negotiations with the Democrats stall.

I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll eventually see something happen. How it ultimately plays out is anyone’s best guess though.

4 Likes

Monkeys can climb trees really well and having all the spaces between the barriers render the wall pointless. We need a solid wall at least 30 feet tall with razor wire.

2 Likes

As long as he gets some kind of barrier built on the border it will be a victory for the President and the American people.

And helicopters, definitely more helicopter border security.

2 Likes

To say that I’m disappointed is an understatement. But let’s just get something built. We can always modify, supplement, augment, etc., this structure. That might even be fairly easy once we have something actually built.

And this, I hope, will be an essential part of any wall project.

3 Likes

A steel barrier is fine, as long as it gets concrete poured over it. Then it becomes steel-reinforced concrete, you see.

Right now Trump is the weakest, most irresolute and un-diplomatic American president I am familiar with. Not even Jimmy Carter was this bad. I kind of doubt he has what it takes to do any better. But hey, he made it this far. And that’s a lot further than anyone thought he’d get.

they have drones and can place video cameras on tall platforms overlooking the wall. better that we can see them and they can’t see us.

1 Like