People Are Actually Living in Pods Now

Originally published at: People Are Actually Living in Pods Now | Infostormer.com

In Los Angeles, people are actually paying $750 a month to live in a pod.

Straits Times:

Ms Kay Wilson packed up her life in a hurry and moved to Los Angeles, only to find that what she paid in Pennsylvania for a nice studio apartment would get her only a 2.9 sq m box in California. Her new home is a capsule, inspired by the famous hotels in Japan.

She arrived a month ago at UP(st)ART, a community for young people with artistic aspirations in need of an affordable place to live.

Each room contains up to six capsules, which Ms Wilson describes as “cosy”. They contain a single bed, a bar for hanging clothes, a few compartments for storing shoes and other items, and an air vent.

By most standards, the accommodation is still not cheap – US$750 (S$1,020) a month plus taxes. That works out to around US$800, which is slightly more than what the 26-year-old was paying in Bethlehem, around 110km outside Philadelphia.

I would say something is seriously wrong with our society when you see shit like this happening.

And the first thing I thought of when I heard the term “capsule” were the capsules shown in the science fiction movie the Matrix.

Is there really that much of a difference though?

1 Like

I hope these women check out the security of these places before they rent. Blacks find out about this and it will be like a fox in a chicken coup.

5 Likes

actually might be useful if it was much more reasonable like maybe $150/month or so plus utils

community kitchen, restrooms, showers etc. Get a job that lets you work lot$$ of hour$$ in the big city and then just come back to your pod to crash and start piling up the money. Then go buy some property out in the countryside.

2 Likes

$750 for a living pod is insane regardless of where said pod is located. It just shows how out of control the cost of living is in these California cities.

3 Likes

There is a lot to be said for the reckless monetary policy by the jews that run our monetary system - it is like a Weimar Republic Hyperinflationary situation in slow motion.

2 Likes

750$ and there’s not even a door?

1 Like

I don’t know what’s more stupid: if the prices or the people agreeing to pay them.

With all this “muh ecosystem and climate change” bullocks you’ll be able very soon to see people happily living and paying for those pods because “muh carbon footprint”.

1 Like

where i’m at in California a one bdrm apt is $900 minimum and just to rent a room in a house or apt is about $500 per month or higher

not sure what the rate is in LA

all of this of course is thanks to legal and illegal immigration, which puts downward pressure on wages and upward pressure on housing. The poor and lower income people lose both ways

2 Likes

Hey, but where’s all the free shit the gubnor promised? Isn’t that the democrap way?? Does that $750 + tax come with free healthcare?

1 Like