Florida Tests Emergency Broadcast System at 4:45 AM

Originally published at: Florida Tests Emergency Broadcast System at 4:45 AM | Infostormer.com

The Florida government decided to do a test of the emergency broadcast system at 4:45 AM sending alerts to everyone’s phones. They said it was meant to only hit TVs.

We know a 4:45 AM wake up call isn't ideal 😅@FLSERT wants to apologize for the early morning text. Each month, we test #emergencyalerts on a variety of platforms. This alert was supposed to be on TV, and not disturb anyone already sleeping.

— FL Division of Emergency Management (@FLSERT) April 20, 2023

People were not happy about this.

Whomever hit the Emergency Broadcast System at 0445 this morning in Florida….. eat a bag of dicks.

— Jason Stafford (@Skeletor_2196) April 20, 2023

This was on purpose!!! We need to defund the Emergency Broadcast System right now. #emergencyalert pic.twitter.com/zWGowJfEq0

— PhotographicFloridian (@JackLinFLL) April 20, 2023

Worst of all, it interrupted the Jew Laura Loomer’s beauty sleep!

Not to complain. But I am
So tired today. After getting back home from the airport at 12:30 am, I didn’t get to bed till 2:30 am. The last thing I needed was some moron in Florida to wake me up at 4:45 am with an “emergency alert” blaring in my eardrum.

I’m convinced I’m never…

— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) April 20, 2023

The bitch is ugly enough with her beauty sleep so just imagine how ugly she is without it.

![|806x504](upload://y88zIIpVdAFJpWLnVE6UdC22qjZ.jpeg)

Seriously though, what the hell is with this? Why test the system at 4:45 AM?

I’ve never seen this system used for anything substantive. It’s basically devolved into a tool for government people to annoy and troll people with bullshit. A case could be made to eliminate the system entirely.

What is the point of having an emergency broadcast system? To my knowledge it has never been used once in my lifetime. And since any "emergency" that America faces is likely to be committed by govmedia, they'd just use the system to lie about it anyway.

— Philip Schuyler (@FiveRights) April 20, 2023

If the system stays in place I am officially demanding that it play the song “Test” by Prong at the start of every emergency broadcast.

2 Likes

the point is the same made in the book, The Boy Who Cried Wolf. They want us to ignore the emergency broadcast. I was living in a trailer park in TexAss while going to college. Across the street was a fire station who would sound those godawful, evil sounding alarms at all hours. you’d wake up thinking that a tornado was coming or they launched the nukes. but then they kept doing it for no reason and so we all started ignoring it.

1 Like

You just know they did this on purpose.

Juan the night janitor probably accidentally bumped the Emergency Broadcasting switch on the monitor he was cleaning.

1 Like

Hahaha!

Maybe it was a white guy, fed up with incompetence and working under an Affirmative Action supervisor.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.