Fertilzer Prices are Through the Roof

Originally published at: Fertilzer Prices are Through the Roof | Infostormer.com

Fertilizer prices are at historical highs.

Some of the charts that are being shared around social media are scary.

Fertilizer prices 1993-present

The spike in the middle is the 2008 financial crisis

>it’s so over pic.twitter.com/MW0Csb1mXj

— Alexei Arora (@AlexeiArora) March 26, 2022

We are on the brink of global famine due to energy shortages and yet progressive politicians are threatening to tax energy producers and refusing to remove barriers to production

This graph of skyrocketing fertilizer prices is the scariest chart in the world right now pic.twitter.com/eR8RQ62mrZ

— Michael Shellenberger (@ShellenbergerMD) March 26, 2022

Surging fertilizer prices may cause a "food selection crisis" in the United States. pic.twitter.com/70vfXEsc9H

— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) March 25, 2022

Russia is a major supplier of every crop nutrient.

Without that supply, fertilizer prices will soar and lead to even higher supermarket bills https://t.co/Zr8WBCIyqC

— Businessweek (@BW) March 22, 2022

Obviously fertilizer is a key component in agriculture. If fertilizer keeps going up, the price of food is only going to be passed on to the customer.

We could see food prices double if not triple over the next year or so because of this. If you don’t have emergency food supplies, you should get them ASAP.

1 Like

Food prices have already gone up tremendously - I suspect it’s due to the high cost of fuel. This fertilizer shortage will make the situation much worse.

As Rush Limbaugh used to say: “Keep your eye on the price of gas - when gas goes up everything goes up.”

My grocery bill has gone through the roof - and there are only two or us- my regular food bill now reflects what it would be if I were having a large family gathering a couple of years ago.

Biden, of course, blames Putin - and the media are 100% in agreement.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.