Drone ettiquete

The reason I’m bringing this up is that some property I have for sale got some images recorded yesterday. Understandably,the realtor wants pictures to show to potential buyers.

Surprisingly(to me) the whole operation was done with a drone. Good enough so far. But it got me to thinking.

These things are here,and they aren’t going to go away. And they’re great for monitoring livestock,wildlife,equipment that’s hard to see in any other fashion,and a whole bunch of other stuff I haven’t thought about yet.

They’re also good for getting a look at sunbathing thots,who has what kind of stealable stuff in the back yard,and ways to get into places that you shouldn’t be.

I don’t think local laws and ordnances have caught up with the tech. Should we be working on developing a do/don’t list of practices for drones?

2 Likes

I’m thinking that-since my experience has been with realtors-some kind of list of guidelines for what can and what should not be done with drones might be in order.

The more I think about the things,the more paranoid I get,to be honest. These things have the potential to hugely affect search and seizure practices. Say some realtor type is recording images of the place next to mine,and he sees a patch of plants on my property next door that look suspicious. Are they opium poppies? Hmm…they kind of look like opium poppies. So if he goes and tells the cops,does this constitute grounds for a search warrant?

That’s the kind of thing I’m wondering about.

1 Like

You’re right though, the laws have not caught up with the technology of drones yet.
In my area, the only rule is to stay 1000yds. away from any airport, and 100yds. off power lines.

Most of the uses are like what you mentioned, cattle and game surveys, but also checking crops for growth, weeds, flood damage, etc.

There was one guy that got caught chasing deer with one during gun season, flushing them to his buddys.
But that only violated game laws on using ‘elctronics’ to harvest big game.

The Creek Dicks impounded it ( was worth $17,000!), and now the Sheriff use it to look for pot farms, lol.

1 Like

I guess the term that I would use for something like that would be “unwarranted attention.”

So the cops are randomly flying drones around various places looking for guys growing weed. Ok,well and good…I guess…but it’s a very slippery slope.

Of course if the zhids,along with their pet niggers and pet bean people weren’t here,none of this stuff would be an issue in the first place.

But since they’re here,we might as well hash out some do’s and don’ts,and start trying to get them adopted as acceptable practice. The first one that comes to mind is that a drone being put to recreational use is not to be used for watching thots at play. Even if they don’t mind being watched,which they might not.

1 Like

Another idea-tell me if it’s good,bad,or indifferent is as follows-

When a drone is being used for commercial or recreational purposes,and is NOT being flown over the property of the owner of the drone,then local law enforcement agencies will be notified of any intended flights at least one(1) hour before the flight takes place.

This is sort of along the lines of spotlighting coyotes or hogs at night around here. As long as you have a hunting license,and aren’t trespassing,there’s nothing illegal about it. But the local game wardens and deputies like knowing about it ahead of time,so when the catladies freak out and call the law,a deputy’s time doesn’t have to be wasted.

The same kind of idea would apply here;

“A drone? Yeah,ok,cool,but call us first,so when some guy freaks out because his gf is sunbathing nekkid in the yard,we can tell him to calm down,and give him your number. Um…might not be a bad idea to show him thumbnails of any pics you took,yes?”

1 Like

Slippery slope indeed. The cops already use helicopters and planes.

To take it further, what about jewgle map satellites get a image of me digging a hole, and think I’m burying a nigger? (No one burys a nigger, lol. They get thrown in the river lol).

Or street view captures a pic of someone drinking underage?

Cropdusters flying over a pond, with guys and gals skinny dippin’?

IDK Brother. Slippery slope.

I k ow if I see one buzzing on our lands, it will be one very expensive clay pigeon!

1 Like

I have semi seriously thought about putting some “No drone zone” signs on my fences. No idea what it would mean in court,but it couldn’t possibly hurt.

1 Like

Is it that bad out your way, drone -wise?

Aside from the guy poaching with one, and a couple demonstrations put on by the local Ag Collage at the county Fair, no one around here has one or seen one flying around.

Helo/cropdusters are only a nuisance once to calves and lambs that never heard them before, and don’t know what the noise is.

Once they figure it out, it’s o bigger deal than a tractor or combine.

I’m sure it will become an issue one day.

1 Like

It isn’t an issue that I know about-with the key phrase being “that I know about”.

The things are around,definitely,and I’d be shocked to find out the the Parks&Wildlife department and the Sheriff’s department didn’t have a few stashed.

I’ve never seen one over my place,which doesn’t mean there hasn’t been a few,since I’m adjacent to a good sized subdivision,and that will prolly get worse.

So I don’t really know what the best plan would be. Which is why I started this thread! Just maybe if we can dream up some reasonable drone usage guidelines,us evildoing Nazis will start getting a reputation as smart people who can solve problems and get things done.

1 Like
2 Likes

I confess I have wanted to shoot one of these things down for a long time.

3 Likes