Dollar Tree to Close 1,000 Family Dollar Stores

Originally published at: Dollar Tree to Close 1,000 Family Dollar Stores | Infostormer.com

Inflation is killing Dollar Tree because almost nothing costs a dollar these days. As a result of all the economic problems, they just announced the closure of 1,000 Family Dollar stores. The store closures will adversely impact thousands of workers.

Dollar Tree and Family Dollar to close nearly 1,000 discount stores https://t.co/zKUwIh4GcW pic.twitter.com/ahfqAetcHI

— New York Post (@nypost) March 13, 2024

This is yet another bad economic news story. Not even budget dollar stores are immune from what’s going on. If people didn’t have credit cards, one can only imagine what would be going on out there.

Watch Jeremiah Babe’s latest economic doom video if you want the latest on all this economic fuckery that’s going on. It is not good.

4 Likes

With Biden in office, they could stay in business as a $5 Store.
Instead of $1 stores. Actually, with Bidenomics, perhaps $13.37 Store would be more ideal and within reason.
We just bought two fucking Wendy’s
Baconator burgers the other night with fries and just one coke … and it was about $27. or $28 bucks.
Screw THAT!!!
Went to a steak house a while back and it averaged $40-70 bucks per dish.
SteaK and Lobster was $82.
When Trump was in office, it was about $43, i think, for that same plate.

3 Likes

The cheapest stores and fast food restaurants raises prices or going out of business are the the things that worry me the most. Because these places get the most business, it is a telling indicator of the REAL economic situation.

It’s a downward spiral since these low price budget businesses rely on a lot of sales to make any income, when they raise prices they make less sales and have to then again charge even more.

On top of that paying a ton of money for a shit product that is twice as much, while being half as big, half as filling in the case of food :rage:, is enough to piss anyone off. Can’t wait till they start skimping on all the expensive ingredients, when I go out to eat, and the food is small AND tasteless, won’t that be grand. And I know that’s coming.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.