Coronavirus Used to Justify Building a Global Phone Tracking Grid

Originally published at: Coronavirus Used to Justify Building a Global Phone Tracking Grid | Infostormer.com

Mobile phone companies are using the coronavirus situation to push for the creation of a global system that tracks mobile phones anywhere in the world.

Guardian:

The mobile phone industry has explored the creation of a global data-sharing system that could track individuals around the world, as part of an effort to curb the spread of Covid-19.

The Guardian has learned that a senior official at GSMA, an international standard-setting body for the mobile phone industry, held discussions with at least one company that is capable of tracking individuals globally through their mobile devices, and discussed the possible creation of a global data-sharing system.

Any move to create such a global tracking system would represent a major escalation in efforts to use mobile phone location data to help stem the pandemic, and would be likely to raise concerns among privacy and security experts.

Until now the use of mobile phone tracking in the fight against Covid-19 has been restricted to national governments, which are either monitoring data within their borders or in discussions with mobile operators and technology companies about doing so.

They include the US, India, Iran, Poland, Singapore, Israel and South Korea. The British government is engaged in talks with BT, the owner of the UK mobile operator EE, about using phone location and usage data to determine the efficacy of isolation orders.

The concept of an international mobile tracing scheme would go further, enabling authorities to monitor movements and potentially track the spread of the disease across borders. The GSMA represents the interests of 750 mobile phone operators and vendors across the world and helps set international standards for companies.

Regardless of your opinions on what the real deal is with COVID-19, there is no denying that it is being used as an excuse to justify all sorts of insane agendas.

This agenda to setup a global tracking grid where your mobile phone can be tracked and traced anywhere you go in the world is just another one of these insane agendas.

This agenda to use technology to destroy freedom and privacy has been going on for a very long time and the COVID-19 situation is only escalating it.

2 Likes

There is already a global tracking grid using mobile phones. They use it all the time when solving certain types of crimes or locating missing persons by tracking which towers get pinged. This is old technology. What this will lead to is a global mandatory microchipping which will be delivered via vaccine injections. That will be the next thing they will push in the name of ‘public safety’.

1 Like

You are right that this is just an escalation of the existing system. There’s all sorts of dystopic bullshit that’s being advanced because of this hysterical fear of this alleged doomsday virus.

1 Like

I think the lockdown is completely justified, but sadly you’re right about this one. I mean, they already do this shit, and tech giants would push it regardless of virus or not.

Technocrats push their shit regardless. Good chunk of people doesn’t want to change their phones every year, but tech companies make it slower regardless.

Uncle Ted was ultimately right about everything, I might as well just stop using my phone altogether. My sleep was certainly better when I moved it away from my head when charging.