Apple's MAC Sales Down 40 Percent

Originally published at: Apple’s MAC Sales Down 40 Percent | Infostormer.com

Apple’s MAC sales have crashed 40 percent.

Analysts say Mac sales are down 40% as post-pandemic PC sales slump continues https://t.co/s1rCKUNYO3 by @AndrewWrites

— Ars Technica (@arstechnica) April 10, 2023

This is just another story showing what a disaster the economy has become.

I honestly don’t get how Apple hasn’t collapsed yet. I guess I underestimated how retarded the average American is. They just keep buying new iPhone models even though none of the models in the past 5 or 6 years have offered anything all that innovative or new.

This can only go for so long though. This collapse in MAC sales is likely foreshadowing much bigger problems for Apple and the tech sector as a whole.

2 Likes

People were buying every iPhone version or every other one. Now people are keeping them much longer.

As for the computers, it seems a lot of people only want to use their phone. The computer in the picture (Mac Pro) starts at like 3500 and it’s not even as good as a PC at the same price point. Same goes for the MacBook Pro. Now the Macbook Pro can no longer run windows as a fallback to the limited software support. Not so many are willing to pay Apple for just the name or look anymore.

2 Likes

I just recently got a new laptop - old one was from 2012 and ended up getting dropped, and then went BSOD, otherwise it was still going strong. I actually like Apple products - even though I take hell from the IT sector of my family. Tried using Linux for a while but switched back b/c I was so used to iOS and I am not a techie.

My “new” iPhone is three years old and just fine - and that was a switch out from an iPhone 6, the last one with a home button IIRC. See no reason to update.

I think people are holding onto their electronics longer b/c the upgrades aren’t worth paying for, they’re miniscule. The thing I do like about my new laptop is it is a lot lighter than the old one - and that makes a huge difference, so there is that.

1 Like

I’ve been using Macs my entire life but buy them used, never new. A friend gave me his old iPhone 6. I HATED IT and smashed it to the ground. the Android opsys is so much better.

Another aspect of the new tech is that people are teched-out. they don’t need nor do they use most of the capability of their old phones and the last thing they need is to have to learn about new phone bells and whistles. people don’t have time for this crap.

1 Like

Back in the day every woman got one, but now that you can use your phone for most things that women do,

all that’s left to buy macs is some people too dumb to use PC for photo or video editing.

Women still have their 12yo Mac in case they ever want to use it again (which is almost never… to do taxes or something maybe)
A phone is often too much for a woman’s brain to handle, but add to that a Mac? Just the thought of that makes them cringe.

They are good machines, it’s just what happens when you have that kind of customer base.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.