California Minimum Wage for Fast Food Workers Now $20 an Hour

Originally published at: https://infostormer.com/california-minimum-wage-for-fast-food-workers-now-20-an-hour/

California has just raised the minimum wage for fast food workers to $20 an hour.

WATCH: About half a million workers at California fast food chains began receiving a $20-an-hour minimum wage, and the increase has some small business owners questioning their future, even as workers say the raise helps pay the bills https://t.co/BLMdiAYAjN pic.twitter.com/Q96dTEaXPI

— Reuters Business (@ReutersBiz) April 3, 2024

Surprised they didn’t just make it $50 an hour or $100 an hour. Shit, why not $1,000 an hour? The fact of the matter is that none of these government stooges can possibly know what the proper minimum wage is at any given time. You could also argue that minimum wage itself is a stupid concept but that’s a whole other theoretical economic discussion.

From a practical sense, forcing these places to increase wages for low skilled work only means that more of these restaurants will go out of business. It also means the cost of food will go up. There will effectively be less jobs with more automation technologies brought into the mix.

Layoffs have already begun.

Mass Layoffs Begin At California Fast Food Chains As $20 Minimum Wage Law Takes Effect https://t.co/xqEY4Ywqbw

— zerohedge (@zerohedge) April 2, 2024

The increased cost of labor is already being passed on to customers.

California hiked the minimum wage to $20 per hour for fast food workers this week.

You'll never guess what happened next. pic.twitter.com/NVyg3hxsA0

— End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) April 2, 2024

The economic problems that exist are not going to be solved with minimum wage increases or other forms of government regulation. In fact, they are totally counterproductive which is probably why these criminal Marxist assholes did this in the first place.

8 Likes

This is because stupid people thought working fast food would be a good career choice. Economic illiterates like the governor approved this.

Meanwhile…at the fast food joints (according to my local paper) - there are huge staff cut backs and lay-offs, no overtime, ordering from a kiosk, rising prices and mechanization is now economically feasible - soon, there will be robotic french friers and AI at the drive-thru - that is if these “restaurants” are able to survive. Price increases have already gone into effect, making it unaffordable for families (who are also paying $5.00/gallon for gas to get over there).

I believe the new model for fast food will be drive-thru or walk-up window only - I’m seeing this with new Starbucks - no inside - or outside - seating areas - to prevent homeless from taking over.

8 Likes

This is so that the immigrant can get paid well while killing Americans off with fast food poison.
Like when Arabs came over and got businesses like Tobacco and pipe shops, gas stations—- Vietnamese got brought in here - and Cambodians- and they got liquor stores and pastry shops to poison Americans they were gradually replacing.
Pretty twisted how that works.
I’ll bet that lots of migrants get jobs as low rent police people who are a nightmare compared to any cops before. That’s why they got people to quit the police force in droves and drove patriot types out of the military during the Covid-19 bullshitfest.

7 Likes

I expect mass closings of fast food joints in California, some have already closed down where I live.

If you’re going to spend that kind of $$, you might as well go to a real restaurant and eat better quality food.

7 Likes

Home cooking to go along with your home schooling. Thanks Newsome for making Whites more and more self-reliant again

5 Likes

The whole idea of “fast food” was that it was cheap and fast. Now it will be neither. maybe it will wake the fat masses up to the fact that they don’t need this overpriced, shit-food.

5 Likes

@Bon Is this an attempt by the politicians to curry favor with restaurant worker unions, ma’am?

1 Like

No doubt - that and the voting base here is very very dumb.

Gavin Newsom is obviously an economic illiterate - he is wrong on just about every issue. The effects of this are being felt immediately with mass layoffs:

USA Today:

Fast food workers are losing their jobs in California as new minimum wage law takes effect

I’m waiting for Gavin Newsom to blame Republicans, which he’ll undoubtedly do - and the media will report same.

4 Likes

It’s called fast food because within 15 minutes of consuming it you’ll most likely be running to da baffroom. :boom::toilet::running_man:

4 Likes

They’ll probably program Hispanic or Black accents into these automated ordering machines.

5 Likes

Uhhhh, me ready to take your order. What do you, uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhhhh, me no speaka much engles quite yet . Please pull up to the window or if you desire you can go to a different place. Thank you”.

1 Like

Or fast food because it will disappear really fast now that the owner can’t keep up with the new minimum wage and inflation.

1 Like

And niggers can’t smash tables that aren’t there.
They should have a special
“Nigs Window” separately for blacks.
Where they walk up and have to go into a cage-like, bulletproof glass sort of thing ,and call their order in and pay for it before it opens to let them out:
The food is handed to them with no human contact or robot contact — by it being placed in a receptacle which closes on one side and opens on the black customer’s side, where they can pick it up. The. They wait for a message-“Thank you for eating Mc Donald’s”, then when a bell rings, the door opens and they step out.
If they do t step out within thirty seconds, it re-shuts, the. Holds them there indefinitely until police show up to get them out .
This would make Dining out much much safer and easier.
Plus, if they dare try to rob the robotic service, the robot employees all kick into flame thrower mode and blast the wily jigaboo customer who tried to rob them.

2 Likes

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Funny!

1 Like

Maybe I should dust off my resume and apply for a job at Burger King.

As for MacDonald’s:

1 Like

I think they will proudly program white male voices into these machines, to further emasculate us American white guys.
Maybe if someone demands tj speak with the Managing Robot, THEN, maybe it will be a blatantly Negroid or Hispanic voice: like :: “Yo, yo, yo, how can ize be of help to you? And May I add, you look fantastic today. So, uhhh, whatchyu need”?
Or “Hello, my name is Roborto the Robot. Que paso? State your reason for your dissatisfaction. Pinchi maricone, I hate it, too, when that happens esay! Tell ya what, I’ll hook you up right now, how’s that sound? “…
If it’s a fag who needs to talk to the manager, a voice will come on and it will be —- yet another white American male- sounding robot named Pat, who says the manager is not in, but that he can help…and says he is wearing a dress, but only because his clothes were in the laundry when he left for work. He might even ask if the customer wants to go out after his shift is over (which of course is not true, because he is just a programmed computer chip ( however, I’m sure some pervert in California or New York would love to stick that chip up his ass; so that customer might hold them to a date offer like that.)
Hahaha! Sorry . I’m rambling over the possible prospects of AI fast food.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.