Violence Breaks Out Before Richard Spencer’s MSU Speech

Originally published at: Violence Breaks Out Before Richard Spencer’s MSU Speech | Infostormer.com

Last night I penned a summary of the violence that broke out before Richard Spencer’s speech at Michigan State University on the Daily Stormer. Basically a bunch of anti-fascists came to stir up trouble. There were clashes and arrests.

Unfortunately, many of the nationalists that showed up didn’t look a whole lot different than the anti-fascists. There were a few exceptions like Greg Conte a Spencer ally who was there wearing a dress shirt and tie. For some reason, he ended up getting arrested but was later let go.

Here’s some local news clips that show what I’m talking about.

The important take away to this is that nationalists shouldn’t dress or look like our enemies. This is not a good marketing strategy. The average person looking at what took place will think that there’s no difference between nationalists and anti-fascists. It gives them no incentive to want to join our side.

And I don’t see why people are getting so butt hurt over this criticism. There is smart branding and there is dumb branding. You don’t want to brand yourself in a similar fashion as your political enemies. This is just common sense. European nationalist groups seem to understand this concept far better than the groups we have in the United States.

Here’s Spencer’s speech.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

1 Like

Like it or not “optics” are important. I support the TWP but their all black uniforms are unappealing. The League of the South has a better look. Greg Conte has a good look too. It’s similar to the Nordic Front.

If Commander Rockwell were here to lead us he would know what to do.

2 Likes

An arm band or something of the like to set yourself a part. Don’t dress like a bum. Dont get to hung up on what the other guy looks like. This is making the optic debate about fashion. Who cares about fashion? Woman. We need a solid base of ideas before we knit pick over something as trivial as fashion.

1 Like

07_goldendawn_g_w-310x165

Golden Dawn looking sharp!

2 Likes

Rockwell was a good marketer. He only used the uniforms with swastikas to generate attention which was a necessity in that era.

The key is presenting your organization in such a way so that normal people will get behind it. I’m sure Rockwell would agree with this.

2 Likes

What it really boils down to is that we need people promoting nationalist ideas who look like normal people and do not look like our political enemies. This should not be a controversial thing.

I agree that all this talk about fashion is too deep in the weeds. I don’t really give a shit about that. The key is to just look like normal people.

3 Likes