US Could See Up to 240,000 COVID-19 Deaths

Originally published at: US Could See Up to 240,000 COVID-19 Deaths | Infostormer.com

I was promised an apocalypse and this is not that.

AP:

President Donald Trump on Tuesday warned Americans to brace for a “hell of a bad two weeks” ahead as the White House projected there could be 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in the U.S. from the coronavirus pandemic even if current social distancing guidelines are maintained.

Public health officials stressed that the number could be less if people across the country bear down on keeping their distance from one another.

“We really believe we can do a lot better than that,” said Dr. Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force. That would require all Americans to take seriously their role in preventing the spread of disease, she said.

So we are now being told that 240,000 people could die from this alleged doomsday virus and that is a worst case estimate being given to us by the government. In all likelihood, we will see far fewer deaths than that.

Last year 38,800 people died from car accidents. That number is not that far off from the numbers of deaths that we are told is going to result from this virus. And many of these people who are dying from this would have likely died from something else if not from this. Most of those who are dying are old people and people with pre-existing conditions. Sure, there are exceptions but those are the people who are primarily dying from it.

![|720x586](upload://z1Y7p4sf5nJ1NURmZetNjLOwuab.jpeg)

I’m convinced more than ever that this could have been handled without shutting down the entire economy, but politicians and decision makers were gripped with fear and mass hysteria. I believe that when all is said and done, the countries that didn’t implement draconian lockdowns like Sweden and Belarus won’t fare any worse than the countries that destroyed their economies out of fear of this alleged doomsday virus.

1 Like

…in an election year.

I don’t remember the last time I was so sick of hearing a news story repeated.

I have to admit that I find it more interesting than the Russia hoax largely because unlike the Russia hoax it has resulted in almost the entire world going insane all at once.

2 Likes