Uncle Ben's and Mrs. Butterworth Food Brands Also Declared Racist

Originally published at: Uncle Ben’s and Mrs. Butterworth Food Brands Also Declared Racist | Infostormer.com

Cancel culture is now targeting the brands of Uncle Ben’s rice and Mrs. Butterworth syrup because they have been declared racist.

After the Aunt Jemima announcement, the owners of the brands Uncle Ben's and Mrs. Butterworth's are also promising changes https://t.co/FICjsis3ML

— The New York Times (@nytimes) June 18, 2020

So once again, maybe someone can tell me how the hell we have systemic racism. A systemically racist system would not be a system in which corporations would be promising major brand changes because people on social media accused them of racism.

This is an extremist system of anti-racism that’s built on claiming that everything imaginable is racist. This is just more proof of it.

I can’t wait to see what gets accused of racism next. Maybe they will accuse the Pillsbury Doughboy of being a Neo-Nazi and a White supremacist.

2 Likes

I hate and despise fake maple syrups so boycotting the Mrs. Butterworth brand is no issue at our home - also dislike processed and heavily salted rice, such as “Uncle Ben’s.”

Cream of Wheat too:

Cream of Wheat is reviewing its black mascot after Aunt Jemima and others acknowledged their racist roots

Mahatma Rice is next:

1 Like

I’m all for Pillsbury Doughboy Nationalism

2 Likes

Until 2001 this was the mascot of Robertson’s Jam in the UK.

The “Golliwog”.

5 Likes

Here are some of the golliwog band figures.

RobertsonsJamGollyFigures

RobertsonsJamGollyFigures2

And people have made videos of the golliwogs ‘performing’.

2 Likes

LOL. When I was at university in the UK back in the 70’s there were occasional complaints in the radical student press about the Gollies, but the mascot survived at that time. It was even defended by some Blacks, who were (no doubt) Uncle Toms & house niggers.

2 Likes

Pillsbury might as well just put a swastika armband on the doughboy at this point.

Go, Granny, go!

And don’t forget this:

Article from The Daily Hitler.

2 Likes

Cream of Wheat: if it’s too thin, just whip it.

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the insanity. Pillsbury could be next. Or how about the Man from Glad or Mr. Clean?

1 Like

I’ve seen a golliwog thing of one of these eating a watermelon.

2 Likes

Mrs Butterworth is black?

The michelin man is another that will have to go.

No, but apparently because syrup is brown and the colour of the bottle of is like, brown-ish (and translucent) plus the shape of the body, that means Mrs Butterworth ‘appropriates’ the ‘mammy’ stereotype.

This is their reasoning. The mental gymnastics they put themselves through for who knows what reason.

1 Like

Those are fighting words! Mr Bibendum must stay!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.