Twitter Further Broadens Policy on Hate Speech

Originally published at: Twitter Further Broadens Policy on Hate Speech | Infostormer.com

You’d think the hate speech policies on these social media sites were restrictive enough but apparently not. Twitter is now broadening their hate speech policy by banning speech critical of religious groups. Looks like they’ll also be extending that ban to race and gender as well.

AP:

Twitter now prohibits hate speech that targets religious groups by using dehumanizing language, a ban it says may extend to other categories like race and gender.

The social network already bars hateful language directed at individual religious adherents. It also bans hate speech on the basis of someone’s race, gender and other categories. Tuesday’s change broadens the hate speech rule to forbid likening entire religious groups to subhumans or vermin, without targeting a specific individual.

Twitter, along with YouTube and Facebook, has been under fire for the prevalence of harassment and hate on its service. Twitter’s latest update came after users wrote in thousands of responses when the company asked for suggestions on how to expand its hate speech policies.

The company says it may also ban similar language aimed at other groups such as those defined by gender, race and sexual orientation, but it has not done so yet, sparking criticism from civil rights groups.

They’re just going to keep inventing new types of speech to ban to the point where nobody will be able to say anything noteworthy or important on the site. They’re trying to scare their user base into abiding by a set of Jew-enforced norms.

It’s utterly insane that Twitter and these other social media companies have been allowed to systematically destroy free speech on the Internet. And the orange man isn’t doing anything about it.

Sure, Trump is doing this social media summit which is better than nothing, but I have no idea what this is supposed to achieve. We’ve been talking about this problem for years now and nothing has been done. So what’s the point of talking about it some more? We need the government to regulate these sites and it can be done in the name of protecting the First Amendment.

FWIW, Tim Pool was apparently invited to the social media summit which will be held on Thursday.

4 Likes

From the article:

I don’t know what these people complaining expect. Twitter has a block button, as do other services. Are social media apps supposed to be for those who can’t take even a tiny of bit criticism or simply ‘hate’?

For me as a veteran of the internet, I feel like we lose something major if we’re not even allowed to joke or annoy someone we hate (so they can get a clue).

2 Likes

It’s nice to see people who are so helpful – nice, nice, nice!

2 Likes

like i said: the jews are in full panic mode. they are desperate to keep the goyim masses from knowing that they are SLAVES for jew banksters and disposable war pawns for Israel. twitter’s new policies are likely designed to go after 9/11 truthers and holocaust deniers. when the american masses learn, support for israel will wane and that evil patch of sand will be retaken for its rightful owners and the lying kikes will be gassed FOR REAL.

2 Likes