Trump's Base Angry at His Immigration Proposal

Originally published at: Trump’s Base Angry at His Immigration Proposal | Infostormer.com

Donald Trump's base is uneasy over his immigration proposal that exchanges a path to citizenship to DACA recipients for the border wall along with fixes to the chain migration and diversity lottery systems.

The President's immigration proposal has drawn anger from his base. This is largely because it includes a path to citizenship for millions of illegal aliens.

CBS:

Fearing betrayal on a signature campaign issue, President Trump's loyalists across the country are lashing out against his proposal to create a path to citizenship for nearly 2 million "Dreamer" immigrants. Mr. Trump's proposal includes $25 billion for border security and significant changes to legal immigration long sought by hard-liners.

Several Democrats and immigration activists rejected it outright, accusing the president of holding "Dreamers" hostage to his hard-line immigration agenda.

Senior White House officials cast the plan as a centrist compromise that could win support from both parties and enough votes to pass the Senate.

But it comes with a long list of concessions that many Democrats, and conservative Republicans, especially in the House, may find impossible to swallow.

His supporters' focus on "amnesty" for Dreamers highlights how dug in the base is and how little room Mr. Trump has to maneuver.

Obviously, I disagree with giving any sort of amnesty to these so-called "dreamer" illegal aliens. The base's frustration with this proposal is understandable. Such a concession would only be warranted if major immigration reforms were included in a deal.

Despite all that, I wouldn’t read a ton into this. Everything is still being negotiated. Trump knew that the Democrats would never accept this proposal despite the fact that it is an honest attempt to offer a compromise. Their immediate rejection of the proposal shows how unreasonable and unwilling they are to strike a deal.

If they’re not going to accept this proposal than no deal on DACA will happen and all the so-called “dreamers” will get deported. It’s that simple. The blame will go to the Democrats for refusing to accept Trump’s deal.

The Democrats are in a position where they have to strike a deal to keep their base happy. Trump can do nothing and keep his base happy. The longer they wait, the worse deal they’re going to get. Trump can wait this out and force the Democrats to accept a deal on his terms. If not, they’ll have to answer to their political base of crazies which will hurt them in the mid-terms.

2 Likes

Instead of all this wheeling and dealing with cucks and liberals Trump ought to show some leadership for a change. But he’s a bullshit artist, just like fellow New Yorker Robert DiNero said he was.

Trump is just a means to an end, nothing more. Don’t expect anything great from him and you won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

“The Art of the Deal”? that sounds jewish to me.

2 Likes

I can’t believe people still think he is playing 40D chess with the kikes. Trump didn’t become a billionaire in NY without making deals with the jews. Trump is not on our side and he never will be. He is a bullshit artist and a good one at that.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is 40D chess. It’s just basic politics and negotiating.

I’ll be the first to criticize Trump if these immigration negotiations net an unfavorable outcome.

I’m just not as black pilled on Trump as you and others are, but I do understand your perspective and where you are coming from. There’s plenty to criticize Trump on, namely in the foreign policy arena.

3 Likes

the only positive scenario i can think of is that Trump is trying to demoralize the democrats by pulling the rug out from under them over and over and over again just like obunghole did to the republicans

I wasn’t referring to you personally when I criticize Trump, I was talking about people in general.

We all know Democrats aren’t going to support this perfectly reasonable proposal because they want infinity brown immigration. So this is not a real offer but merely forcing the left to show their hand.

If it was a real offer it would be a good net positive offer. But as I am a full accelerationst at this point I hope this is just another strategy to show left as unreasonable, childish and to further undermine the system.