Trump to Declare National Emergency to Build Border Wall

Originally published at: Trump to Declare National Emergency to Build Border Wall | Infostormer.com

It looks like President Trump is going to sign the bipartisan spending deal. This will avoid a government shutdown. But in addition to that, he is going to declare a national emergency to access funds so he can finally build the border wall.

.@PressSec: President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action—including a national emergency—to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border.

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) February 14, 2019

Daily Mail:

President Donald Trump will sign a bipartisan spending deal – but will declare a ‘national emergency’ in an effort to procure funds to build a border wall, the White House said Thursday.

The move drew both statements of relief from lawmakers who wanted to avoid another government shutdown – and a threat from Speaker Nancy Pelosi over the emergency declaration.

Pelosi called it an ‘end-run around the will of the people,’ speaking reporters minutes after news of Trump’s position broke, while warning it could come back to bite Republicans.

‘We will review our options, we’ll be prepared to respond appropriately to it,’ Pelosi said, asked about Trump’s planned emergency declaration.

She also brandished the threat a future Democratic president could use the same tactic of Trump moves forward

‘I know the Republicans have some unease about it, no matter what they say. Because if the president can declare an emergency on something that he has created as an emergency, an illusion that he wants to convey, just think of what a president with different values can present to the American people,’ she said.

‘You want to talk about a national emergency? Let’s talk about today, the one-year anniversary of another manifestation of the epidemic of gun violence in America. That’s a national emergency. Why don’t you declare that emergency, Mr. President? I wish you would. But a Democratic president can do that. [A] Democratic president can declare emergencies as well,’ she threatened.

Nancy Pelosi is basically trying to say that by declaring this national emergency, it opens up the possibility of a future Democrat in the White House doing the same thing to enact gun control. That is flawed logic. The Second Amendment makes enacting gun control unconstitutional but Trump’s action to secure the border is 100 percent constitutional.

But who gives a fuck about that? The Democrats would do that any way even if Trump didn’t declare a national emergency to secure the border. And with all the unconstitutional horse shit that has gone on, Trump should do everything in his power to move the country in a proper direction.

The blue check mark assholes on Twitter have been going nuts about it this.

There is not a "national emergency" with regard to the southern border. What President Trump is doing is unlawful and must be opposed vigorously in the courts and legislatively.

— Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) February 14, 2019

Declaring a national emergency over this President's vanity project is ridiculous. We don't need a wall. Instead, we should address the actual emergencies facing our country — everything from gun violence to the opioid crisis.

— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) February 14, 2019

A national emergency declaration is an abuse of power, plain and simple. It violates the intent of the statutes and the plan language of the relevant law. Congress and the courts must check the president: https://t.co/brUE5YP8cZ

— David French (@DavidAFrench) February 14, 2019

Declaring a national emergency would be a lawless act, a gross abuse of the power of the presidency and a desperate attempt to distract from the fact that @realDonaldTrump broke his core promise to have Mexico pay for his wall.

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) February 14, 2019

When the leader of a republic can plan as a political strategy when to declare what is a national emergency and when that emergency shall begin so they can wield unrestrained power? That, fellow citizens, is a national emergency. Welcome to American fascism.

— David Simon (@AoDespair) February 14, 2019

Declaring a national emergency would be a lawless act, a gross abuse of the power of the presidency, and a desperate attempt to distract from the fact that President @realDonaldTrump broke his core promise to have Mexico pay for his wall. pic.twitter.com/almWo3OHHM

— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) February 14, 2019

Gun violence is a national emergency

Climate Change is a national emergency

Income inequality is a national emergency

Access to healthcare is a national emergency

Building a wall on the southern border is not.

— Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (@repcleaver) February 14, 2019

These people are insane. There absolutely is a national emergency on the southern border. You got third world invaders bringing drugs, crime and disease to America. That’s why a wall is needed. It is what the border security professionals have asked for and it funnels people into ports of entry where migration can be more easily managed.

The Democrats just want more brown hordes in America to bolster their political base. They don’t give a fuck about the welfare of these people.

What’s funny is to see these fools trying to say that Trump is being a fascist dictator when his order is probably going to get challenged by Jewish courts that haven’t let him issue lawful and constitutional executive orders in the past. So how can he be a dictator when there’s a Jewish court system blocking him from exercising the powers of his office? Their argument is totally incoherent and ridiculous.

Either way, Trump is making the right decision by trying to get this done. And politically he had no choice. He had to do it to avoid demoralizing his base.

Good job Mr. President!

3 Likes

What good is a border wall now when he plans on letting hordes of 3rd world scum come in 'legally" ? It sort of defeats the purpose.

5 Likes

Agreed. I support any effort to build the wall but it doesn’t mean anything if the legal immigration system changes. The whole thing needs to be shut down. Also this funding bill looks like complete shit the more i’m looking at it.

3 Likes

More like border slats that a good climber could scale with ease.

1 Like

Why hasn’t Trump declared martial law and disbanded and criminalized the (((left)))? Why does no one have the balls to do what needs to be done? If he does that he can do whatever the fuck he wants down there. He could literally kill just shoot at whoever crosses the boarder…

4 Likes

Bring back…Operation Wetback…

6 Likes

I noticed Jew Schumer and old hag Pelosi has very similar tweets. That has happened before. An article here has talked about it in past. Sure it is that she’s a very good shabbos goy working so hard to serve Schumer.

2 Likes

This is absolutely the right thing to do now.

4 Likes

Muh my walking ballot!

I knew it than Trump would declare the national emergency. If the country get flooded with savages he can say goodbye to his reelection has they’re just walking ballot to the democrats.

1 Like

I hope Herr Stormer is not going to allow himself to be fooled again by that orange con-artist?

trump%20trust

1 Like

This will be tied up in court until

1. Trump is defeated in 2020 and his Dem replacement cancels the whole thing
    or
  2. Trump is reelected and he loses interest in The Wall which he never gave a shit about anyway and those Billions end up in the pockets of a few corrupt contractors and politicians
3 Likes

exactly…

the wall is a panacea. meanwhile no one is talking about an overhaul of our LEGAL immigration system. we’re flooded with Haitian monkeys, all here LEGALLY.

2 Likes

I think Trump’s presidency has been good in some respects but disappointing in many other respects. I’ve really tried to be critical of him when he’s done things I don’t like. But none of us thought Trump was going to be the next Hitler. He was just the best option in 2016 to try and at least put some type of check on the insanity that has been taken place.

2 Likes

Well, if nothing else Drump is certainly flushing the rats out of the sewer pipe.

bb-5bb0c1e3e0f07

sure but Elsie The Cow would have been better than Hillary… the only thing one needs to know about Trump is, Kushner. if my sister had married a jew my dad would have gone fucking ballistic. Trump is a GD fool…

1 Like