Trump Reportedly to Leave 400 Soldiers in Syria

Originally published at: Trump Reportedly to Leave 400 Soldiers in Syria | Infostormer.com

There are reports stating that President Trump has agreed to leave 400 soldiers in Syria. The Jewish media is calling this a major reversal to a strategic blunder and all of this other nonsense.

I do not agree with this characterization. They’re just presenting it this way to attack him. The Islamic State has been defeated and he is still withdrawing the majority of forces that were in Syria.

Bloomberg:

President Donald Trump’s reversal on plans to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria came after he was convinced European allies wouldn’t remain on the battlefield without American support, risking a resurgence of Islamic State, according to a senior administration official familiar with the decision.

The U.S. will keep about 400 troops in Syria, split between forces in the northeast and the Al-Tanf base in the south, according to the official, who asked not to be identified discussing internal deliberations. The White House expects the remaining multinational force in Syria to be about 1,500 troops, though European allies haven’t yet signed off on the plan, the official said.

The U.S. won’t be in charge of the coalition’s military operations but it will provide what the official called infrastructure. One goal of the force will be to ensure Turkish troops — who were expected to target America’s Kurdish allies after the U.S. departed — don’t venture further into Syria.

Despite earlier pledges to get American troops out soon, there is no timeline yet for a complete U.S. withdrawal, the official said.

Obviously I don’t like leaving any number of troops in Syria. They should all be withdrawn in short order, but having 400 in the country is better than having 2,000 so long as they don’t stay there indefinitely.

I’m willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this so long as he is moving towards achieving a total disengagement from Syria.

2 Likes

Somebody has to protect our greatest ally.

4 Likes

Like Bibi was going to let Trump completely close up shop on sovereign Syrian soil.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Of course, Trump could remove all USSA forces from Syria & still invade Iran. I don’t take the trumpster at his word anymore. Now if president Kushner had said the same, I would give it some credence…

1 Like

not me… i knew all along that The Orange Goon was just baiting his supporters. remember when the Syria pullout was first introduced? I CALLED, “BULLSHIT” and said that Trump will put MORE troops in Syria which is coming… this is the crap that Ann Coulter should go nuts about, not things over which Trump has no control.

how long can Trump supporters keep giving him ‘the benefit of the doubt’ when he’s reneged on nearly every single one of his campaign promises? do you remember ‘bring home our troops… america first’…drain the swamp? BULLSHIT! ALL FUCKING BULLSHIT. Trump is weak.

1 Like