Trump Reportedly Screened Joker Film and Liked It

Originally published at: Trump Reportedly Screened Joker Film and Liked It | Infostormer.com

The orange man reportedly screened the Joker film and he apparently liked it.

Yahoo:

A supervillain was inside the White House Saturday night. CNN’s Shimon Prokupecz reported that President Trump hosted a showing of “Joker,” which tells the origin story of Batman’s archnemesis.

A senior White House official confirmed to Yahoo News that Trump screened the movie for guests including “family, friends, and some staff.”

“Joker,” which was released in theaters in October, stars Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck, a disturbed young comedian who descends into a world of crime. The movie has proved controversial. It won the Golden Lion at the Venice International Film Festival after it premiered there in August. However, some critics have raised concerns that the film’s dark mood and depiction of a man driven to brutality could inspire copycat crimes.

The senior White House official said Trump liked the film.

Trump is a longtime movie fan. During his career as a real estate mogul and reality television star, Trump regularly screened movies on his private plane. One of Trump’s favorite movies is reportedly the 1988 Jean-Claude Van Damme martial arts classic “Bloodsport.” In a 2013 tweet, Trump rattled off a list of some of his favorite movies.

The fact that he liked the film gives me at least some optimism that he’ll still try and help resolve the real life issues that the movie depicts.

But what I found more interesting about this story is that one of Trump’s favorite movies ever is Bloodsport. And I would agree that it ranks among the greatest movies ever made. The script writing was truly epic. I mean, who could forget the famous “Dim Mak” scene?