Trump Puts More Sanctions on Iran After Attack on Saudis

Originally published at: Trump Puts More Sanctions on Iran After Attack on Saudis | Infostormer.com

While I don’t support any more sanctions on Iran, this move is certainly preferable to launching a military invasion. Crazy lunatics like Lindsey Graham were openly calling for military strikes against Iranian oil facilities.

I have just instructed the Secretary of the Treasury to substantially increase Sanctions on the country of Iran!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 18, 2019

As you probably already know, Houthi forces in Yemen which are aligned with Iran claimed responsibility for destroying a number of critical Saudi Arabian oil production facilities. So this move by Trump is in response to that.

But I honestly don’t understand why we need to retaliate against anybody because of an attack against Saudi Arabia. Aren’t we pretty much energy independent by now? Why should we give a shit if all Saudi oil production grinds to a halt?

The only reason we are doing this is because Saudi Arabia is for all intents and purposes a proxy of Israel and Israel seems to have total control over American foreign policy.

1 Like