Trump Holds Off on Designating Mexican Drug Cartels as Terrorists

Originally published at: Trump Holds Off on Designating Mexican Drug Cartels as Terrorists | Infostormer.com

Yesterday the orange man announced that everything was in place to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations. He just said that he was holding off on doing this because the Mexican President has apparently agreed to work with the United States on dealing with them.

All necessary work has been completed to declare Mexican Cartels terrorist organizations. Statutorily we are ready to do so. However, at the request of a man who I like and respect, and has worked so well with us, President Andres Manuel @LopezObrador_ we….

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2019

….will temporarily hold off this designation and step up our joint efforts to deal decisively with these vicious and ever-growing organizations!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2019

Call me skeptical. The Mexican government has been totally inept at dealing with these groups. Government forces have even lost battles with some of these drug cartels.

I’m sure if these drug cartels posed a threat to Israel, we would have seen an immediate “terror” designation given. But since they only threaten America, we don’t see any sort of rush to do so.

Go figure right?

2 Likes

Trump not following through? Surely not!