Trump Does Press Conference Announcing National Emergency

Originally published at: Trump Does Press Conference Announcing National Emergency | Infostormer.com

President Trump held a press conference today announcing a national emergency in order to secure $8 billion to build the border wall.

It wasn’t a bad press conference. He verbally jousted with CNN’s Jim Acosta and some fat guy. He also commented on other Republicans not pulling their weight, Ann Coulter being off the reservation and a few other things.

I guess all we can do is see what happens with this. The national emergency declaration is going to get challenged in the Jewish courts. You’ll see lawsuits filed in the 9th circuit and ultimately it looks as if it will be decided in the Supreme Court. Trump specifically mentioned that this was his own expectation of what was going to happen.

He also went ahead and signed that shit omnibus spending bill. Unfortunately, both the House and the Senate voted in favor of it with over 2/3rds of the vote. I would have preferred that he vetoed it but even if he did, Congress had the votes to override the veto. So the fallout of him signing it, might not be as bad as I originally anticipated. Unfortunately, too many Republicans are afraid of a government shutdown. That’s why the Democrats were once again able to stuff a big shit sandwich down everyone’s throats.

There’s no doubt that it is a shit bill, but some of the things people like Ann Coulter are saying about it seem to be based on hysterics instead of fact. Coulter is saying that the bill prevents Trump from using the national emergency declaration to build the wall.

There ARE no emergency powers to build the wall if Trump signs this bill. It's like signing a confession – then immediately appealing it.

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) February 15, 2019

I haven’t seen the section of the bill that specifically states this. There is language placing restrictions on how the $1.4 billion of wall spending can be used but I don’t see how that applies to the national emergency declaration which is a completely separate thing. It’s also a short term spending bill which means the language does not represent a permanent state of affairs.

I did like Coulter’s tweet about the two Jareds though. The only problem is that both of the Jareds she is referring to are Jewish and with Jews you lose.

If we're going to have some doofus named Jared running our immigration policy, I'd prefer that it be that pederast from the Subway ads.

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) February 15, 2019

But honestly, I don’t know what’s going to happen with this. At least the national emergency declaration has the Jews and shitlibs flipping out and acting like total fucktards. So at least we have that.

1 Like