Trump Agrees to Meet Kim Jong Un

Originally published at: https://infostormer.com/trump-agrees-to-meet-kim-jong-un/

It looks like we have a huge foreign policy breakthrough. The President will be meeting with Kim Jong Un for talks. The talks are expected to happen before May.

Daily Mail:

President Donald Trump has accepted North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un's dramatic offer to meet, and he'll do it by May, a South Korean official said Thursday evening.

South Korea's national security adviser Chung Eui-yong informed U.S. press of the expected in-person conversation and said the goal of the unprecedented meeting between the two countries' leaders is permanent denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Chung did not say where the meeting would take place.

A half hour after the foreign official announced the meeting steps from the West Wing, the White House confirmed Trump's participation. But it did not second Chung's claim that talks would be held within the next two months.

A statement from White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said the place and time of the meeting was still to be determined.

'President Trump greatly appreciates the nice words of the South Korean delegation and President Moon. He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined,' Sanders said. 'We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1zi5gYfRxU

This is great news. Direct talks between the United States and North Korea is long overdue. Nobody wants war. A diplomatic solution to the issues should and can be achieved. This is a definite step in the right direction.

Trump deserves great credit for this. Same goes for Dennis Rodman.

2 Likes

I will be more than happy to give Trump credit if he deserves it. And apparently he is helping to improve relations between the two Koreas, something no other president has been able to do since the end of WWII. Hopefully the success of the Trump administration will also result in a new baby-boom among young White American couples!

2 Likes

No one has mentioned it but this is the 50th anniversary of North Korea’s capture of the USS Pueblo. They held on to the ship and its crew for most of 1968. I blame that race-traitor and war-criminal LBJ for the Pueblo incident. I also suspect the North Koreans only released the crew after it became clear that Richard Nixon was going to be the next president.

4 Likes

I recall this incident like it happened yesterday! Still wonder if it was setup. Just remember, this occurred after the U.S.S. Liberty attack in June,1967 & about the same time of the TET offensive in Viet Nam. Anti-war protests were everywhere. Right after the capture, LBJ abruptly tells the American people he will not run for a second term in the '68 election on national TV.

Also, it’s about time to end the Korean War. It’s only been a truce since hostilities ended in mid 1953. Let’s also find out about 800 or so MIA’s, too.

1 Like

I’m too young to remember any of those events first hand but I agree with you about the Korean War. Hopefully that is one of the things that can come out of these talks. It’s been over 60 years. Most of the people who fought in that war have passed or are extremely old.

1 Like