The NPC Meme Has Hit the Tubes by Storm

Originally published at: The NPC Meme Has Hit the Tubes by Storm | Infostormer.com

The non-playable character or NPC meme is in my estimation the best meme of 2018 thus far. It’s a very powerful meme because it articulates the fact that the vast majority of people we interact with on a daily basis appear to have been programmed to behave and act the exact same way. Some have argued that these individuals have no souls and this may very well be an accurate assessment of the situation.

The idea of a non-playable character originated from a gaming term used to describe a computer controlled character that responds to the player with scripted and pre-programmed lines. This is totally synonymous with the people I just described.

The meme has gotten all the Silicon Valley faggots and social justice warriors pissed off. Twitter has even banned a bunch of NPC related user accounts claiming that they were violating their terms of service surrounding “misleading election content” and “dehumanizing speech.”

This after thousands of NPC based Twitter accounts flooded the site with posts mocking people who just repeat what they’re told by the Jewish media. This was obviously meant to target idiotic leftists and SJWs who are totally incapable of thinking critically about anything.

There have even been articles written in the gaming press crying about how the NPC meme dehumanizes SJWs. Take for instance this one from Kotaku.

But dehumanizing? How about all the people who have been rendered non-persons on Twitter and on other social media sites for simply having a different opinion? Is that not more dehumanizing than a meme mocking people who can't think for themselves?

Here's just a small handful of the NPC related memes floating out there on the tubes.

6 Likes

How the Nonentity Programmed Cyborgs will recover from this I don’t know.

2 Likes

((( Buzzzz Words )))

Invented by you know ((( Who ))).

6 Likes

We only have 5,999,999 to go.

6 Likes

This article is Gold…

4 Likes

The meme does not “dehumanize”, it merely calls attention to an observable phenomenon.

6 Likes

social media is banning these simple memes yet they despise, “nazis”.

1 Like

This reminds me of the OFG ‘out of focus guy’ from the previous decade but much funnier. This NPC meme is sparking more self reflection and agonized soul searching than all the other memes combined, a stroke of genius.

3 Likes

It’s “dehumanizing” to characterize those NPC people as soulless gray automatons, but labeling racially aware Whites as “Nazis”, “bigots” and “haters” is OK.

2 Likes