Shocking Report Shows How Tech Giants Censor Conservative Speech

Originally published at: Shocking Report Shows How Tech Giants Censor Conservative Speech | Infostormer.com

Any speech that is politically to the right of Karl Marx will get you banned from these shitty social media platforms. We’ve only known about this for years but it’s good that this obvious fact is now all over the mainstream.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they got away with calling Wikipedia left wing. Good for them.

Will Brumpf do anything about this outrageous suppression of free speech on social media? Don’t friggin’ count on it. He is good for exactly nothing.

1 Like

News is slow right now to finally be stating the bloody obvious from years ago. Nothing gets past their steel trap minds.

1 Like

Oh I’m not surprised at all. I did a big article about a US German restaurant and there was this drunk who was adamant about censoring it. It now contains (or last time I looked; It changes quite a bit and sometimes gets reverted) some misinformation, and lots that’s just based on the long-term memory of one person contained in talk page comments, me. There was no trace of my Holo-denial or NAZI leanings in my version. It’s just that they want something generally denigrating anything German. I wrote several articles about NY restaurants in the process of researching that one - and will never bother writing anything for them again.

1 Like

I know this may not conform to the Infostormer take on this but I think this guy, with his rather immoderate ranting, is wrong about abandoning big social media platforms. Abandonment will just get us marginalized to fringe outlets and more thoroughly censored than we already are. I am involved in a lot of facebook groups about rail transportation, and without this community on facebook there is very little that allows that kind of communication. A few younger people, one of whom posts profusely, have gotten on the Abandon Facebook Bandwagon, and they are now finding they can’t get any audience on their alternate social media.

I think a better approach is to stay on facebook and attempt to promote law that would insist on completely neutral treatment.This is the only solution, and is completely in keeping with our legal tradition here. Also, there is something in it for facebook, because really there is no reason why they should have to hire all these left-leaning delusional nincompoops, to moderate their website, which is huge. That would be totally in keeping in the US legal tradition about free speech.

Further must say none of my pretty-much-weekly Holo-denial is ever censored on facebook, and the usual like-minded friends always respond and “like”. Although it may be it’s to-an-extent shadow banned without me knowing about it.

1 Like