Rex Tillerson Replaced by Mike Pompeo as Secretary of State

Originally published at: Rex Tillerson Replaced by Mike Pompeo as Secretary of State | Infostormer.com

Rex Tillerson has been fired as Secretary of State. Mike Pompeo the CIA Director has been picked to replace him. The new CIA Director will now be some woman who I’ve never heard of before. She apparently was involved in the Bush 43 era torture programs making the choice even stranger.

This move in many ways isn’t all that surprising. Tillerson was recently in Africa and had fallen ill, plus he and Trump never really were 100 percent on the same page. Tillerson wasn’t even informed about the North Korea talks until after the White House announced them.

Can’t say I’m thrilled with Pompeo’s elevation into this role. He’s always struck me as an establish neocon type person. I honestly don’t think any of this news is all that much to get excited about though. It’s not like we are going to see a drastic foreign policy shift as a result of these changes.

Here’s Trump’s comments on the change.

I don´t like Tillerson, but the new guy (Iran, North Korea) is the typical GOP neocon faggot.

2 Likes

At the end of the day the Secretary of State is just the water carrier and the job usually goes to soulless female golem like Albright, Rice and Clinton.

2 Likes

The new torturer in chief

Ironic that some Japanese soldiers were hung as war criminals for waterboarding American prisoners during WWII

2 Likes

I understand Tillerson exercised something of a moderating influence on Trump’s reckless, unpredictable behavior. Pompeo is a neocon who will be only too happy to stir up the shit with Iran and the Palestinians.