Rand Paul Introduces Bill to End the Afghan War

Originally published at: Rand Paul Introduces Bill to End the Afghan War | Infostormer.com

Rand Paul has introduced legislation to end the Afghan war. He also mentioned how we need to declare victory.

This week, I am introducing legislation to end a war that should have ended long ago, the war in Afghanistan. The United States has been fighting the War on Terror since October of 2001 and it has cost 6 trillion dollars. pic.twitter.com/UBxeq0NsQe

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) March 5, 2019

But how do you declare victory when the mission was never defined? Afghanistan was invaded after the 9/11 attacks because we were told we had to kill Osama Bin Laden who planned the attacks and was said to be hiding in a cave somewhere in the Afghan mountains. This evolved into a weird nation building exercise that has been totally unsuccessful. The Taliban still control large portions of the country.

The entire situation has been a debacle that has cost trillions of dollars. So while I agree with Paul that we should leave immediately, there is no way to declare victory. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig. It’s a completely fucked up situation that should have never been allowed to happen.

But this is what happens when Jews and neocons control the foreign policy of the country. They advocate for things which benefit Israel and not America. The Bush 43 regime was dominated by these types of people which is why we have the insanity that exists today.

4 Likes

no one in UK ever seemed to kno wot this war was for… 'news’papers, TV ‘news’ never said what it was about… dumb sheep never even questioned it…

1 Like

I think we were giving them democracy.

1 Like