Over 300 Newspapers Join Forces to Attack Trump

Originally published at: Over 300 Newspapers Join Forces to Attack Trump | Infostormer.com

Over 300 newspapers decided to join forces and attack the President of the United States today. They are angry that he keeps calling them out as liars.

AFP:

US newspapers big and small hit back Thursday at Donald Trump's relentless attacks on the news media with a coordinated campaign of editorials, triggering a fresh tirade from the president on Twitter.

Leading the charge was The Boston Globe, which had called for the drive highlighting the importance of a free press, accompanied by the hashtag #EnemyOfNone.

More than 300 newspapers around the country joined the effort.

"Today in the United States we have a president who has created a mantra that members of the media who do not blatantly support the policies of the current US administration are the 'enemy of the people,'" the Globe editorial said.

"This is one of the many lies that have been thrown out by this president, much like an old-time charlatan threw out 'magic' dust or water on a hopeful crowd," it added in a piece entitled "Journalists are not the Enemy."

The press is falsely claiming that Trump is against a free press simply because he refutes the lies that they spread about him. Trump has said over and over again that he is for a free press, he's just not for a press that lies and pushes propaganda harmful to America. And he has every right to defend himself when lies are being spread about him. It's that simple. A free press does not mean a press that can't be criticized.

These people in the media think that they are far more important than they actually are. The job of a journalist is supposed to be simple. You report who, what, when, why and how. They’ve become incapable of doing this as evidenced by their obsession with conspiracy theories about Russia and other non-substantive stories.

If the media actually tried being fair and reported the truth, they wouldn’t have to worry about being labeled an enemy by Trump. They however seem incapable of doing this. When 90 percent of media coverage is negative towards a political figure, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that the coverage is unfair.

4 Likes

8 Likes

300 newspapers owned by how many companies?

5 Likes

Most local presses were bought out in the 1990’s. My hometown’s was. Of course we were fighting big business and illegal immigrants. Our Old Timers were dying out and there was no demand for a local paper. All these so-called newspapers should have stood behind InfoWars as well. Lügenpresse!

5 Likes

My first thought too. 6 companies with interlocking directorships doesn’t make for such an exciting headline. And these are multinationals who also control the major news feeds like Reuters and AP.

3 Likes

Not many I’d assume. Even back in the 2000s there were few independent newspapers left. Most of these newspapers are controlled by corporate umbrella groups of some kind so you end up getting the local variety of the same bullshit.

5 Likes

Does anyone in Deutschland still watch Deutsche Welle news?

I don´t know. Mainstream media has the same problems like in the US. Newspapers are dying and TV is replaced by the internet.

1 Like

DW is for international broadcast. State programming. My cousin rarely watches TV and when he does, it’s FOX shows.

1 Like