/ournegro/ speaks on dindu murder case

WASHINGTON — For the first 55 minutes of a Supreme Court argument Wednesday about racial discrimination in jury selection, the justices seemed united in their view that a white Mississippi prosecutor had violated the Constitution in his determined efforts to exclude black jurors from the six trials of Curtis Flowers, who was convicted of murdering four people in a furniture store.

As Flowers’s lawyer concluded her argument, Justice Clarence Thomas asked his first questions from the bench since 2016. He wanted to know whether the defense lawyer in the sixth trial had excluded any jurors. The lawyer said yes.

ADVERTISING

“And what was the race of the jurors struck there?” Thomas asked.

ADVERTISEMENT

White, said the lawyer, Sheri Lynn Johnson.

Get Ground Game in your inbox:
Daily updates and analysis on national politics from James Pindell.
Enter email address
Thomas holds the modern record for silence on the bench. Before his questions in 2016, he had gone a decade without asking one. His explanations have varied, but he has said lately that the other justices asked so many questions that they were rude to the lawyers before them.

The balance of the argument went well for Flowers. Justices across the ideological spectrum said the track record of the prosecutor, Doug Evans, was deeply troubling.

In the first four trials, held between 1997 and 2007, Evans used all 36 of his peremptory challenges — ones that do not require giving a reason — to strike black jurors from serving. Three of those trials ended in convictions reversed on appeal, and one in a mistrial.

Official court records do not show the racial makeup of the jury pool for the fifth trial, in 2008, but the jury included nine white and three black people. It deadlocked, and the judge declared a mistrial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Flowers’s case was the subject of examination by the podcast “In the Dark,” which raised questions about his guilt.

When Thomas spoke near the end of the argument, it jolted the courtroom. His three questions suggested both sides rely on racial stereotypes in picking jurors.

Sotomayor responded that, with one exception, the defense lawyer could not have stricken any potential black jurors because Evans had already excluded them all.

2 Likes

I was excluded from the jury one time because I was hearing impaired even the court provided sign language interpreting services lolz… I don’t really care because the case was about a nigger involved in a car accident with a bitch white womyn the lawyer of the nigger dismissed me because she felt that the conflict of interest because the nigger speaks French and use interpreter service and think I’ll sympathize with the nigger. Lolz such a stupid move. It’s a fucking clown world we are living in, brah.

3 Likes

yup its the end of civilization my friend

1 Like

Was the nog Haitian?

was it snacking on mud cookies while driving

1 Like

If you get on a jury and the accused is white, vote Not Guilty for anything done against non-whites, except child sex stuff. Let the niggers in prison have that fucker.

2 Likes

Yeah, a Haitian immigrant. Claimed that it was the white woman’ fault. Unfortunately I was not there to listen the whole case.

of course, it was a Haitian. Are you in Florida(when I was in Florida, there were a few Haitians but mostly Jews and Cubans)

No, I’m in Jew Jersey. Very diverse population here. Too many Jews here. One town (Lakewood) is completely full of Jews. I have been in Florida it’s diversity is no where near the levels up here ugh. As of 2010, Italians make up the largest ethnic group here, unfortunately it’s in decline.

1 Like

ugh. My dad is from Jersey. A Guido bastard he is

Lol typical jersey shore or benny/ shoobie guidos I hate them, they give Italians as whole a negative light I’m from a rural and conservative background that’s so rare in new Jersey since 9 out of 10 live in urban area in this state so the city guidos are so materialistic and nihilistic from my perspective. At least the Italian in you gave you the anti-Semitic predisposition and gained sense of Europa culture pride. Am i right?

IDK. My dad hates my views is all I know (boomer progressive). I think his ex-wife is Jewish but I am not sure

The internet gave me Identitarian politics

I see. Most Italians I know has deep seated hatred for the kikes. Most of it related to the judgement of Jesus and or via business interaction in between. But unfortunately many younger generations are now altruistic towards such issues. (((Social engineering)))

1 Like