New Border Wall Going Up in New Mexico and Arizona

Originally published at: New Border Wall Going Up in New Mexico and Arizona | Infostormer.com

It looks like we are starting to see some things happen with Donald Trump’s promised border wall.

AP:

Work crews in Arizona and New Mexico forged ahead Friday with construction of taller border fencing funded through a national emergency declaration by President Donald Trump.

The work on his hallmark campaign promise involves mostly replacement fencing along a 46-mile stretch of desert west of Santa Teresa, New Mexico, and on 2 miles of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in Arizona.

At the New Mexico site, about 20 workers placed rebar frames for concrete footers along the path of the wall. A 50-foot crane towered over the site, standing out on the treeless brushland and cracked washes that stretch for miles in every direction.

Workers broke ground between Columbus and Santa Teresa — small towns near ports of entry along the border between New Mexico and the state of Chihuahua, Mexico.

In Arizona, crews were installing 30-foot (9-meter) steel fencing to replace older barriers next to a border crossing known as Lukeville Port of Entry.

Both projects are being funded with money initially allocated to the Defense Department that was redirected by Trump’s executive order.

Use of the money was previously frozen by lower courts while a lawsuit proceeded. Last month, however, the U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for the use of about $2.5 billion.

I’ve been critical of Trump for not making all that much progress on the border wall, but it looks like we’re starting to see some tangible progress. The $2.5 billion in emergency funding is being put to use and you can build a good amount of wall with that money.

And sure, much of what we are seeing here are replacement barriers, but many of the previous barriers were ineffective and no different than there being nothing in place at all. So this is a welcome upgrade. It is certainly much more difficult for any invaders to enter the United States with some of this new barrier infrastructure in place.

It also looks like Trump has gotten better control over the border. The combination of summer desert heat and the Mexican military stepping in after Trump threatened tariffs seems to have helped.

There’s still much more to do though. There have not been mass roundups of the millions of illegal aliens that are here. And where’s action on birthright citizenship?

Get these things done Mr. President!

9 Likes

Dealing with anchor babies is a major priority, blocking illegals from the banking system would also help.

3 Likes

In some parts of the world being an illegal alien is enough to merit the death penalty. Third world illegals caught in America should be irreversibly surgically sterilized the first time they are apprehended. Third world undesirables must be dealt with harshly to preserve the nation. A border wall reduces the ability of illegals to enter the nation, however we must also remove the hoards of third wielders that are now in America.

2 Likes

My interaction with Julios (my cousins code for Mexicans) has taught me that they live multiple families in one house and send 50 percent of their paycheck down to Mexico. Just tax the shit out of money transfers! That and let ranchers shoot-on-site trespassers.

2 Likes

@Zyklon Us gringos don’t have the brutality needed to deal with the greasers the way they should be dealt with. But just look at the way they deal with each other (and this is one of the milder photos - we’ve all seen lots of gruesome footage of spic-on-spic violence!!!) mexican%20justice :

2 Likes

Spic on spic violence the best place for that is bestgore.com

2 Likes

I would not post that here. @BasedBemidji

1 Like

I certainly hope there is another level to that wall. Looks way too low to me. It looks to be only about 20 feet high judging by the height of the workers. Desperate border jumpers could get over that in no time.

1 Like

It does look a little flimsy, but compared to the old fence, it’s an improvement.

I agree with some of the other posters and that they need to tax the remittances to Mexico and fine the hell out of the scumbags who are hiring illegals.

3 Likes

I’d like to volunteer to be on the Landmine placement team. Landmines are better than walls,the deterrent effect upon third world undesirables would be worth the effort.

1 Like