NEED HELP ON COLLEGE HOMEWORK (Criminal Law and Procedure on Weed)

For your final paper I am going to ask for a bit of research and some critical analysis on a very topical issue affecting law enforcement, corrections, and criminal justice policy. The paper is based loosely on the textbook from pages 297-308, but is a bit dated in some areas so you will definitely have to do outside research, which is required for this paper anyway. Please answer the following questions.

1. How many states have now legalized marijuana for medical use? (just the number). 2) How many states have now legalized marijuana for recreational use, and which ones are they? 3) Does this comport with federal law, and what does that mean for the state laws or state practice? 4) Where is marijuana listed on the schedule for controlled substances under federal law, what are the criterion for listing a drug under that schedule, and why does that make a difference in penalty? 5) Please provide three arguments for legalizing marijuana and three arguments for not legalizing marijuana. (If you like you can narrow the question to medical use only or make it a broader application to include recreational use). 6) Which arguments carry the most weight in your mind, and why? 7) Regardless of how you came out on the previous issue, should states have the right to choose, and why or why not? 8) Compare marijuana to alcohol in terms of the prohibition era when alcohol was outlawed. Are the same issues at play, and why or why not? 9) What has been the broader effect of drug cases on our prison populations and the cost of incarceration, especially marijuana offenses? 10) Do mandatory minimum sentences for these offenses make sense, and why or why not? 11) How would you address this problem?
    Please refer to Appendix A, page 729 of your text for some excellent guidance on doing legal research.
    This is a formal academic paper, and thus must be completed in APA format (see examples and resources in Module 1). It needs to be 5-7 pages in length and typed in word format, Times New Roman 12 Point Font, with one inch margins all around. You are required to use at least four outside sources, besides your text. Please note the new rubric, which includes APA citation as 25% of your grade.

Hello, is anyone there???

Well it is pretty straight forward simple questions based on opinion except the first two.

5-7pages at one inch margins means like 2 pages.

Well I am not sure what is the best

I think pot should only be used medical

What sort of help do you require? I skimmed the description of the assignment and it seems like a fairly straightforward set of requirements.

I understand the question just not sure how I should answer and can’t find information

Since it’s a college class,I’d bet that the instructor is either an SJW to some degree,or has to toe the politically correct line,regardless of his/her personal views. ( I could be wildly wrong,but I’d bet the climate at your school is going to trend in that direction.)

If that’s the case,make sure you throw in a racial bone. One of the tropes about marijuana being outlawed is that during the 20’s and 30’s it was largely a non-white recreational pastime,being primarily used by blacks and latinos. Meanwhile,us evildoing blue eyed devils contented ourselves with uncustomed liquor,or even the legal stuff. So you might be able to get away with framing the issue as a “White People Opressing Vibrant Persons of Color” deal.

And do some searching for penalties. Check the specified penalties for posession and distribution of illegal alcohol as opposed to the penalties for marijuana posession.

For whatever it’s worth,let us know what you find out. It might be interesting.

I don’t smoke that stuff anymore, because it might lead to long-term mental deterioration. And I need every ounce of brain power I can muster to fight the jews and niggers!

2 Likes

Yea
Pot is dangerous, not funny -- a doctor tells us why | Fox News

1 Like