Hot Wheels Claims 8chan is Dead

Originally published at: Hot Wheels Claims 8chan is Dead | Infostormer.com

Hot Wheels aka Fredrick Brennan who founded 8chan is smugly claiming on Twitter that 8chan is dead.

N. T. Technology sent its president, Tom Riedel (@LustRazor), to meet me.https://t.co/MAByYOnds8

Riedel confirmed to me 8chan is dead and never coming back. "8chan is a defunct entity."

This will be a thread. pic.twitter.com/vFPJ1S1Rme

— Fredrick Brennan 🔣🇵🇭✝ (@HW_BEAT_THAT) September 27, 2019

I have no idea if this is 100 percent accurate. There seems to be some conflicting messages on the fate of 8chan. There has been no definitive messaging from Jim Watkins who officially owns 8chan now. But this Tom Riedel guy who Hot Wheels met with had some important associations with Watkins and 8chan. So who knows what’s really going on.

But either way, if what Hot Wheels is saying is true, it represents another major blow for free speech on the Internet. 8chan has always just been a message board system and forcing it off the Internet because a manifesto from a mass shooter was posted on the site, is completely insane and ridiculous.

You notice how there has never been any call to ban Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other major mainstream social media sites when a manifesto or shooting video was posted on these services. This sort of thing is only targeted at non-mainstream sites in which people are engaging in discourse that is not fully approved by Jews.

7 Likes

Here’s tweet by Ron

According to HotWheels, it will be a rebranding.

Whatever they are doing, I sure am missing /pdf/ and /pdfs/, I never liked their /pol/.

It’s kinda blow to the free speech, but not really. Everything will be the pretty much the same, minus the fedposts. But there will be feds though.

2 Likes

Considering the way he was acting in that recent VICE interview with fish face, it is hard to say what will come of this. He seemed to really want 8chan to die off.

3 Likes

well, he kind of has a grudge about the whole thing doesn’t he? he feels like it was stolen from him or something?

3 Likes

I’m not 100 percent certain of the history that led to his split from 8chan but the things he’s been saying recently makes me believe that he is not fully supportive of free speech on the Internet. The VICE News piece he did with Elle Reeve was ridiculous. Although maybe he was threatened or bullied into this position. Hard to say tbh.

3 Likes