Here I am, MIA since Cville

In the wake of Cville, I was banned from DS. I later noticed that it appears that my account on Infostormer was deleted. I’m guessing that was due to some sort of cyber attack on this site?

I’ve been slammed with IRL commitments, including a hard attack on my career since Cville. Sadly, I’ve felt very abandoned by a movement that did the opposite of reaching out to help. I’m sure if people knew what had happened, it might not have gone that way. Fortunately, I seem to have gotten an upper hand in the career battle, all without getting my dox spilled all over the internet. If people had known what I’ve been going through, at least some of them would have reacted differently instead of listening to movement gossip.

Anyway, just thought I’d poke my head out of the hole I’ve safely kept it in for a while. I know a lot of you. Feel free to say hey on here if you can’t find me anywhere else.

6 Likes

Hi,
I remember you from DS. But I wouldn’t say it’s easy to get b& there. Care to share any details?

1 Like

The ban ends on April 1, 2018. Probably best not to talk about it. I haven’t so far, until now I guess. Rumors were swirling around me after Cville. I took a lot of fire, mostly undeserved and from younger guys who wanted local leadership. I guess taking down someone who appeared “in command” or something was what they wanted. I was too busy fighting for my IRL scalp, and didn’t have time to refute anything. I just had to disengage. Pretty soon, I saw that weev banned me for “lots of infighting.” Idk, but I guess he got an earful from the guys who were scapegoating me. My last few posts on DS were normal bantz, but I’m guessing a post I made on my Book Club thread was seen as divisive. I didn’t know wtf I was being accused of, and all kinds of guys I didn’t know were demanding apologies for things I didn’t even know had happened. I lost track of it all and gave up after the DS ban.

2 Likes

Welcome back. I was unaware of any gossip, but never pay much attention to it anyway.

1 Like

This is the fun place to be, anyway!!

5 Likes

welcome back brother, i remember you from DS :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome back.

The entire IS forum was shut down by my hosting provider after Charlottesville and they refused access to my data so I had to reset up infrastructure from scratch.

It was a tough few months but we are back stronger than before.

7 Likes

Welcome back brother.

3 Likes