GOP Blocks Steve King from Committees for Alleged "Racism"

Originally published at: GOP Blocks Steve King from Committees for Alleged “Racism” | Infostormer.com

Republican leadership in the House has decided to block Steve King from serving on committees because of an alleged racist remark about White supremacy.

USA Today:

House Democrats have scheduled a Tuesday vote on a resolution of disapproval of Rep. Steve King over the Iowa Republican's comments on white supremacy.

The decision to hold a vote came on the same night GOP leadership voted not to give committee assignments to King. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters the Republican steering committee voted unanimously not to assign King, who has been in Congress since 2003, to any positions on House committees.

“Steve’s remarks are beneath the dignity of the Party of Lincoln and the United States of America. His comments call into question whether he will treat all Americans equally, without regard for race and ethnicity," McCarthy said. "House Republicans are clear: We are all in this together, as fellow citizens equal before God and the law."

King was previously on the Judiciary, Agriculture and Small Business committees and served as chairman of the immigration and border security subcommittee.

This is so stupid. You don't see Democrats doing this to their most radical members. Republicans are afraid of the Jewish media calling them racists and fold like cowards each and every time. The context of what King was saying about White supremacy and White nationalism wasn't even remotely offensive and would't be considered as such by any reasonable person.

Mitt Romney is siding with Democrats and calling on King to resign. Of course that doesn’t surprise me in the least. Romney is basically a centrist Democrat masquerading as a Republican. He’s only in the Senate because he’s a Mormon and ran for the seat in Utah.

This whole situation is a joke. Other than wrongly apologizing for his statements, King literally did nothing wrong.

5 Likes

Shitt Romney is one of those country club Republicans, a group whom I regard as beneath contempt. As for King? To hell with him, he’s obviously no friend of racially conscious White Americans.:fu:

5 Likes

Send emails to King in support. He must not resign. Mitt Romney should resign!

3 Likes

Lincoln is responsible for the largest mass execution in American History btw. He has been lied about more than Hitler.

4 Likes

I tried calling him but the voicemail was full. I sent a couple emails instead.

1 Like

Why don’t they really promote Lincoln’s views on race? I would love the next GOP ad to say some of his quotes. “As long as blacks continue to live with whites, they constitute a threat to national life.” The party of Lincoln. lol

6 Likes

Sioux City Journal: King should resign

Finally, as our nation prepares to observe what would have been the 90th birthday of late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., let us all embrace equality and tolerance and reject, in all their reprehensible forms, inequality and intolerance.

Sioux City: <80% white and falling

if i ever run for office, i’ll do so as a proud, white nationalist racist.

4 Likes

Here is Steve King’s rebuttal from the floor

1 Like