‘Excessive fear’ after in-school suspension drove Air Force hopeful to kill

An Indiana couple is suing a high school two years after their son committed suicide, alleging a two-hour in-house suspension led him to take his own life.

The lawsuit, filed last month in Hamilton County, alleges that Patrick McCalley, a 17-year-old junior at Carmel High School, died on Oct. 6, 2016, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound after suffering “extreme and excessive psychological distress” while being questioned by an assistant principal about two racially inappropriate Snapchat messages he sent to another student.

Patrick “remained isolated” in a closed room as Carmel High School assistant principal Toby Steele and Carmel Police Officer Phil Hobson questioned him about the messages. He then wrote a “self-incriminating statement” under the penalty of perjury and was told he was being expelled or suspended from school, the lawsuit claims.

Prior to the incident, Patrick had been an “outstanding student” at the school, where he was a member of the marching band, jazz band and concert band. He also had no prior disciplinary infractions and was preparing for a future in the United States Air Force.

“When Patrick awoke on October 6, 2016, he was a happy, well-adjusted boy and had just received email correspondence from a representative of the United States Air Force and was excited for the future when he left his home for school,” the lawsuit states.

But within minutes of leaving the school after being summoned to meet with Steele, the teen decided he no longer wanted to live.

“Patrick’s father, Christopher McCalley, arrived at the home shortly after Patrick but was too late to prevent Patrick from shooting himself out of the despair caused by Defendants’ actions at school that day,” the lawsuit states. “When Christopher McCalley saw Patrick, he called 911 and tried to stop Patrick’s bleeding. When law enforcement officers responded to his 911 call, Christopher told them this had to be because of whatever just happened to Patrick at school.”

The lawsuit — which names Carmel Clay School Corporation, Carmel High School, the city of Carmel and former district superintendent Nicholas Wahl as defendants, as well as Steele and Hobson — seeks damages for the “loss of love and companionship” of Patrick in addition to medical, burial and legal expenses associated with his death.

District officials, meanwhile, denied the allegations in a statement to the Indianapolis Star, saying the facts of the incident are “very different” from what’s described in the McCalleys’ lawsuit.

“We will follow the legal process to appropriately respond to these accusations,” Carmel Clay Schools told the newspaper. “We are fortunate to have tremendous leadership focused on providing a safe learning environment for all of our students at Carmel Clay Schools.”

Pressed for additional details, district officials said they will “continue to remain respectful of the privacy” of those affected by Patrick’s death.

But administrators apparently followed school policy during the incident, according to the newspaper, citing directives that indicate that a student must meet with an administrator before being suspended and receive a “written or oral” statement of the allegations he or she faces.

The McCalleys, meanwhile, have called for requiring that a parent or counselor be present during such meetings with administrators, a change they think could potentially save lives.

“We can’t do anything to change this with Patrick,” Chris McCalley has told the newspaper. “But if we do nothing and this happens to another family … I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.”

There’s so much pressure on kids these day’s to be “Politically Correct” while Jews turn our country and institutions upside down.

4 Likes

Political correctness kills

1 Like

The story says [Patrick “remained isolated” in a closed room as Carmel High School assistant principal Toby Steele and Carmel Police Officer Phil Hobson questioned him about the messages] These mother-fuckers must have said something to make this kid want to kill himself. I would bring both up on murder charges.

2 Likes

If this day in age I doubt that Justice will be served. Just look at Charlottesville for example. if your opinions are sense of humor isn’t in the cultural Marxist Orthodoxy you don’t have rights.

3 Likes

Poor kid was probably told he would not be allowed in the military, nor in any civilian job, and be hounded and ostracized forever for having incorrect thoughts.

1 Like

Reminds me of the kikes in NYC who want to stalk the Wisconsin kids who seig heiled and black list them before their lives truly began. These administrators threatened this kid with jail and he would never join ZOG and his life was basically over his only future was drugs and addiction.

3 Likes

the politically correct assholes tag-teamed on him and may have told him that they were going to contact the Air Force about his behavior… the kid has thin skin and NOT a good candidate for The Military. but again, the article is short on particulars. what did the kid say and to whom did he say it? in high school we used to be able to say anything and we did. my friend, yelled down the hallway when a bonafide slut/skank was walking behind us. “I SMELL A SLUT!”. i couldn’t believe it. lol… she knew it though and just smiled. hahaha… when i talked to him about it today, he says he said it because “she smelled like fish”. LMAO…

if the fem bitches hadn’t aborted all of my children, i’d have told them to NEVER talk to an authority figure ABOUT ANYTHING. come home and talk to me first, then if they still want to talk we will go TOGETHER and talk to the cocksuckers.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, “excessive fear” is not really conducive to a military career.

1 Like