Ex-CIA Operative Says America Has Long Meddled in Foreign Elections

Originally published at: Ex-CIA Operative Says America Has Long Meddled in Foreign Elections | Infostormer.com

Ever since the creation of the Central Intelligence Agency, the organization has meddled or interfered in foreign elections. It is admitted history and an ex-CIA operative has not only confirmed this but said that he hopes this meddling continues because he says they have the moral high ground.

RT:

As Democrats indict Russians over "election meddling," former CIA officers say the US has been interfering in foreign elections for decades and “hopefully” will keep doing so because it has the moral high ground.

In an article published in the New York Times on Saturday, former CIA officers and several researchers, who have been studying covert US intelligence operations for years, say that the while methods allegedly used by Russians to meddle into the US elections might slightly differ from the old school CIA operations overseas, there is nothing in the allegations against Russians that Americans haven't done themselves.

“If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” retired CIA veteran Steven Hall told NYT’s Scott Shane.

Hall, who left his job as CIA Chief of Russian Operations in 2015 after 30 years of service, noted that the US has never shunned attempting to meddle in other countries’ elections.

Saying that the CIA had “absolutely” engaged in such operations in the past, Hall added that he hopes “we keep doing it.”

This is a completely insane position. The Russians are evil because of a handful of alleged social media shit posters but the CIA is allowed to do things many times worse because of morals and stuff. That's literally what this 30 year ex-CIA man is claiming.

The United States lost its moral high ground a long time ago. Especially with all the wars that have been fought on behalf of Israel in the Middle East.

It’s an absurdity to claim that the Russians are evil over allegations stemming from low-tier social media postings. The postings didn’t even impact the results of the election and there’s no confirmation that any of this was ordered by the Russian government.

It couldn’t be any more obvious that this is all part of a conspiracy to bring down Donald Trump. The implication is that the Russians helped get Trump elected and since we are told that Russia is evil, their alleged support of Trump makes Trump evil by extension and a threat to democracy.

The whole narrative is becoming dumber day by day. Nobody gives a shit about this Russia kook nonsense. This continued focus on it makes the country look increasingly foolish. The CIA is another institution within the deep state that needs to be purged.

4 Likes

Says it all.

5 Likes

@DrTeapot I’ve been meaning to look around for this album for a long time!

1 Like

Who can broadcast tapes of their brown-skinned men?
Pass them off as bin Laden in his den?
Fucking-a man!
CIA Man!

3 Likes

Man, it’s been 51 years since I first heard this song! One thing for sure, it’s still as prevalent today as it was back in late 1967. I do recall it being played back in September,1973 when the CIA helped overthrow the Marxist government in Chile. If I remember correctly, a few college based & operated FM stations got in trouble with the FCC regarding the lyrics.

Ironically, right after the FUGS, released this song, Country Joe & The Fish came out with their “I-FEEL-LIKE-I’M-FIXING-TO-DIE RAG” to lampoon the Viet Nam War. Love the reference to lacing the sugar bags with LSD which was the designer drug of the late 1960’s.

3 Likes

That’s good. I tried myself to bring the song up-to-date a little bit, but couldn’t do so well. Still. it could be an amusing party game.

1 Like