David Lynch Says Trump Could Be One of the Greatest Presidents

Originally published at: David Lynch Says Trump Could Be One of the Greatest Presidents | Infostormer.com

Filmmaker David Lynch had some interesting observations about Donald Trump’s presidency. Despite having not voted for him, Lynch said that he could go down as one of the greatest Presidents of all time because of how much he’s disrupted the system.

Deadline:

Twin Peaks co-creator David Lynch says President Donald Trump “could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much.”

Speaking to The Guardian media outlet in the UK, Lynch said he was a Bernie Sanders supporter in 2016, then switched to Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in the presidential election.

He now concedes that Trump may have been the correct choice.

“I am not really a political person, but I really like the freedom to do what you want to do,” Lynch said. “[Trump] could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way.”

Lynch really nailed it with this quote. Not only has Trump caused a disruption to the status-quo but the people attacking him are just making themselves look dumber and dumber by the day. The sad part about it is that they don’t even seem to realize it.

Part of this has to do with the fact that the current crop of Democrat political strategists and the leftist retard pundits in the media are not good at what they do. They’re legitimately stupid people who have no common sense. Their only strategy has been to call Trump an evil racist who is literally Adolf Hitler and they express these thoughts using hateful over the top outrage. They blow up issues of little to no significance and use them to give validity to their attacks. All the insanity surrounding illegal alien child separation is just the latest in a long line of this phenomenon. This strategy has not been effective.

But Lynch himself is an interesting character. He’s had quite an unusual film career. I can’t say that I like or dislike his work as I’ve only been exposed to a small portion of what he’s done. I just vaguely remember seeing a few episodes of the original Twin Peaks television series and parts of the original Dune movie.

He always struck me as a polarizing figure from a pure film making perspective just because he created lots of bizarre shit. Perhaps his out of the box style of movie directing is partially what inspired him to make these comments about Trump. And hell, he’s in his 70s now so he probably doesn’t give a shit what anybody in Hollywood thinks of him any way.

3 Likes

Maybe he’ll make a film about the “Russia Conspiracy”. The subject is just crazy enough for him.

1 Like

Lynch is indeed an interesting character, and does very unconventional things, even going so far as to give an honest and perceptive opinion.