Banana Duct-Taped to a Wall Sells for $120,000

Originally published at: Banana Duct-Taped to a Wall Sells for $120,000 | Infostormer.com

Does true art even exist in 2019? It’s hard to believe that it does when someone can sell a banana duct-taped to a wall for $120,000.

Telegraph:

A banana duct-taped to a wall has sold for $120,000 (£91,550) at one of North America’s most prestigious art shows, with another version of the artwork expected to sell for $150,000 (£114,460).

The prized installation, by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan, was unveiled at the Art Basel Miami Beach on Wednesday by the Parisian contemporary art gallery Perrotin.

It is not the first time Cattelan’s work has made headlines. An infamous 18-carat lavatory, entitled “America” drew huge crowds when it went on display at New York’s Guggenheim museum in 2016. It was installed at Blenheim Palace in September but stolen just hours later.

This is what Adolf Hitler would have accurately described as degenerate art.

But shit, if somebody can sell this type of nonsense and make $120,000 off of it, maybe I’ll consider temporarily getting into the degenerate art business to help fund my Neo-Nazi media operation.

I mean, I can think of many things that I can duct tape to a wall and brag about how it has some very profound hidden and important meaning.

5 Likes

@infostormer

This is the same Italian artist that sold a statue of Hitler kneeling in prayer for $ 17.2 million to an anonymous bidder…

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jews were pissing their pants…

2 Likes

Yeah, it is possible that this duct-taped banana was some type of troll, but who the fuck knows really.

3 Likes

According to what I’ve read from Lasha Darkmoon, Jews control the art industry top to bottom - critics, gallery owners, etc. - and therefore THEY get to say what is/isn’t art and what is/isn’t valuable.

Most excellent article here:

https://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2009/09/19/the-plot-against-art-part-1/

This being an example.

A fool and his money…but this will probably be displayed in a museum somewhere - while classic art made by Whites is considered “kitsch.”

3 Likes

This “sale” was a payoff.

2 Likes

“Remember the banana duct-taped to a wall and labeled “art” that sold for $120,000? On Saturday, a New York man walked up to the art installation and ate the banana”.

4 Likes

Fucking brilliant! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

It should be simple enough to replace the banana and keep the show going indefinitely.

This is the truth, just a scam.

Actual quotation from article:

“Lucien Terras, director of museum relations, said the work was still salvageable.”

It boggles the mind.

He got worldwide advertising for 120k, I think this was the deal all along.