200,000 From El Salvador Ordered Out of America

Originally published at: 200,000 From El Salvador Ordered Out of America | Infostormer.com

Here’s some good news on the immigration front. The Department of Homeland Security has ordered 200,000 from El Salvador to leave the country. They were here under a temporary protected status that was granted in 2001.

NPR:

The Trump administration says it will end the temporary protected status that has allowed some 200,000 natives of El Salvador to live in the U.S. without fear of deportation for nearly 17 years, the Department of Homeland Security says.

In announcing the designation's end, DHS Secretary Kirstjen M. Nielsen also said she's extending it for another 18 months, to Sept. 9, 2019 — a delay that her agency says is to ensure "an orderly transition."

When asked whether the move would result in U.S. customs officials targeting Salvadorans who try to remain in the U.S. without documentation after September of 2019, an administration official on a briefing phone call said that the agency's top priority remains the deportation of criminals and people deemed dangerous to society. But he added that Homeland Security would not "exempt entire classes of people."

The move upends a status quo that has existed since 2001, when President George W. Bush extended temporary protected status to Salvadorans who were in the U.S., after major earthquakes devastated parts of El Salvador.

What an insane situation. We've had 200,000 people from El Salvador in the country for 17 years under what was supposed to be a temporary protected status following an earthquake. Yeah, I think it is time that they go back. The earthquake happened in 2001, there's no reason for these people to be here any longer.

There are some who are arguing against this move because El Salvador is a shitty country. Well, how is that our fault? Why don’t these people go back to El Salvador and make it less of a shitty country.

I’m tired of hearing over and over again that we can’t implement common sense policies because of sad feelings.

3 Likes

It’s like having your loser cousin crashing on the couch for a couple of nights, then six months later he’s still there. 17 years is a pretty long mooch. Perhaps they can give them “Make El Salvador Great Again” hats as a farewell gift?

1 Like

I read on Gab that 1/5 of Squatemala is living in the Jewnited Snakes. And I would estimate that about 1/3 of Mexico lives north of the Rio Grande. Yet not one of those greasy brown cockroaches has ever said “gracias” for allowing them stay here. NOT ONE.

5 Likes