Another reason to ridicule San Francisco

I used the term “ridicule”,because you can’t shame San Francisco. That just doesn’t work.

The TLDR version of this crisis du jour is that the City of San Francisco ( or BART,or some species of Bay Area tax lice ) managed to spend a couple of billion dollars building what amounts to a somewhat glorified bus terminal. Yes,that’s “billions”,with a “b”. A numeric “2”,and then it gets nine zeroes penciled in after it.

That’s a great many shekels.

And then,after shiting out all these shekels,they finally got the doors open,although this thing isn’t fully operational yet. And might never be.

However,injury isn’t complete without insult. And now the whole shebang has been temporarily closed,because a crack has been found (the structural kind,not the kind that gets sold in the hood).

The crack is in a steel beam that supports some unholy amount of weight. Since the beam is built up out components,it’s possible that there was just a faulty weld,and this might be a tempest in a very overpriced teapot.

However,since this is all taking place in Salt Water Sodom,my bet would be that the problem will eventually be traced to some sort of human error. At which point this happening will get to yuge entertainment status,on account of the scramble to find someone to blame who isn’t a homo,or vibrant,or trans,or has a couple of “x” chromosomes,or whatever.

6 Likes

the country will soon have to bail-out california. when the big quake hits, thousands of multi-million dollar mansions will need rebuilding.

3 Likes

It would be seriously cheaper to build a new port city from scratch,on the new shoreline. Wherever the new shoreline winds up being.

And there’s always glass bottom boat tours,if anyone really can’t live without seeing the ruins. Heck,nowdays they could send down a remote vehicle with a camera.

The fishing would most likely be pretty good too,except Fukushima,which might wind up making all the fish glow in the dark.

1 Like

there are no shortage of nuke plants in Cali BUILT ON FAULT LINES. the shit is going to hit the fan and spray the entire country.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Bay Bridge - that was supposed to be a showpiece of California engineering - Affirmative Action Engineering, that is!!

The Bay Bridge span came in ten years late and $5 billion over cost. As hearings revealed, the brittle Chinese steel and inexperienced Chinese welders led to serious safety issues with cracked bolts, cracked rods, and corrosion issues. Bay Area residents who have declined to use the bridge include Abolhassan Astaneh-Asi, professor of structural engineering, mechanics and materials at UC Berkeley. When notified of the safety concerns, recurring California governor Jerry Brown famously said, “Don’t know if it’s a setback. I mean, look, shit happens.”

Compare this with the White-built Golden Gate Bridge, a true engineering marvel, built in 1937 and still standing after 81 years.

3 Likes

Tourists are fleeing SF in droves - and conventions are canceling out:

Major medical group cancels San Francisco convention due to safety concerns

A major Chicago-based medical association has decided to move its $40 million convention out of San Francisco due to safety issues for its conventioneers citing the neighborhood’s open drug use and tent encampments.

San Francisco’s tourism industry took a hit in 2017… both Apple and Facebook moved their yearly conferences out of San Francisco and to the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose.

SF’s big problem is its lefty policies that protect illegal aliens (re:Kate Steinle) and filthy drug-addled, mentally ill homeless.

Any city that publishes a poop map is one to be scorned, mocked and avoided.

http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/

3 Likes

…at which point it will all be covered up - b/c it’s Affirmative Action - built - most likely a “woman” or black-owned engineering firm (like the woman-owned engineering firm that built the pedestrian bridge in Florida that collapsed killing six people - notice how quickly THAT story was disappeared).

It if were White contractors that built this in SF, it would still be in the news and hearings would be called, charges filed, fines levied, etc.

2 Likes

Another-somewhat arcane,and specialized issue-is the possible quality of the wire used for welds on the structural members that were prefabricated.

If those things got built in any fab shop worth calling a fab shop,it’s virtually certain that the welds were done using flux-cored wire.

Now here’s the funny thing about flux core wire. You get rolls of it that just don’t weld right. I have no idea why this is the case. I’ve never actually looked at the stuff to see where it currently gets produced,but I bet quite a bit is made using 3rd world slave labor.

This is a relatively new phenomenon. I got acquainted with flux cored wire in the early 90’s,and I never once got a bad roll. No one I ever worked with did either,to the best of my recollection. But I’ve had a number of bad rolls since about 2010. Go figure.

2 Likes

I remember it was the school’s women’s engineering department that designed the bridge and of course they hired a minority construction company to build it. It collapsed when they did their first stress test while allowing traffic to flow freely. There should have been an immediate investigation since people died and criminal charges filed but, poof, it got tossed down the memory hole.

2 Likes

My understanding is the inferior material came from China - San Francisco’s city council and California’s governor would NEVER allow quality White-made products to be used in any construction project- why they keep cracking and falling apart, immediately.

China, of course, has long been known to lie about the quality and pureness of the products it sells us - including vaccinations.

Shows how far we’ve descended into 3rd world status… our buildings are collapsing just like theirs. Wait until the next earthquake - the city is going to collapse and then burn to the ground.

Here’s how Chinese build things:

2 Likes

There are third world cities safer than San Francisco. And that’s based on my own first hand experience.

3 Likes

Another day, another affirmative action project crashes to the ground.

2 Likes

That right there is some excellent meme material! I’m going to start brainstorming,and I hope everyone else here will as well.

I used to live in that area( San Leandro) we used to call the Golden gate bridge the bridge between Africa and queertown, I see it has actually managed to get much worse since I left. Is there anything kike liberalism rule actually improves? Please name just one thing?

The tacos goyim! If the zhids hadn’t imported bean people in carload lots,the taco shortage would cripple the economy of Los Angeles,San Antonio,and who knows where else.

All of us evildoers would have to go back to toasting white bread for breakfast and pouring milk over corn flakes to keep from starving.

1 Like