Wehrmacht stories

In this era of blasphemous lies against our Volk I want to share stories about my family who fought the good fight. Please add anything but I will start with some humor that happened. My Opa’s cousin was serving in France. Met a cute French girl and wanted to impress her. He “borrowed” a horse from an Heer stable but was caught. Due to Weirmacht law, he should have been hung. He was sent east instead for Barbarossa and is still alive in the north suburbs of Hamburg. Met him at a family reunion in the 90’s. Another great uncle who fought under Rommel asked me: What was the fastest thing in the war?..An Italian tank in reverse.

5 Likes

I once knew an old chap who was a machine gunner on a British bomber in the RAF. On one mission his plane was flying over German - liberated Holland when a Bf 109 flew right past his guns. “Why didn’t you shoot?” I asked, being very naive at the time. “Well, he wasn’t bothering us, so we decided not to bother him.”

If only the entire war had been fought like that!

4 Likes

If only the American (and British) people knew at that time WHO they were fighting for and WHY.

Never were so many lies told to the Amreican people about Hitler and the reason we were “fighting the Nazis.”

I read accounts later of “Nazis” who couldn’t understand why we were fighting them when they were trying to destroy the REAL threat and enemy to Europe: Vile, murderous Commies in the East. The Germans said we should have joined them (and we certainly should have) - instead of fighting, and then destroying them (for Jews).

As it was, my dad lost his older brother who was a Marauder pilot shot down and killed over Nazi Germany. My grandmother never recovered. My family never spoke of it after that - I grew up knowing nothing.

Now, I am angry beyond belief.

4 Likes

The real victors
jpg The real victors

We were warned and we see it everyday.

8 Likes

It burns me everyday. I remember 11-9-1989 and thinking now is the time. Alas, Bonn (west capital) sold us out.

3 Likes