Cleveland Indians to Remove "Chief Wahoo" Logo

Originally published at: https://infostormer.com/cleveland-indians-to-remove-chief-wahoo-logo/

The Cleveland Indians "Chief Wahoo" logo is getting phased out due to racism.

For years the "Chief Wahoo" logo has been used by the Cleveland Indians baseball team. It has been the most recognizable part of their brand. As beloved as the logo was, the logo has been declared a symbol of racist hate so it is going to be phased out starting in 2019.

USA Today:

The Cleveland Indians will stop using their controversial Chief Wahoo logo on uniforms in 2019, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred announced Monday.

Manfred said in a statement that the move was the result of "constructive conversations" between the league and Indians chief executive and chairman Paul Dolan over the past year.

"Major League Baseball is committed to building a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the game," Manfred said in the statement. "Over the past year, we encouraged dialogue with the Indians organization about the club’s use of the Chief Wahoo logo.

"During our constructive conversations, Paul Dolan made clear that there are fans who have a longstanding attachment to the logo and its place in the history of the team. Nonetheless, the club ultimately agreed with my position that the logo is no longer appropriate for on-field use in Major League Baseball, and I appreciate Mr. Dolan’s acknowledgement that removing it from the on-field uniform by the start of the 2019 season is the right course."

I'm not exactly sure who was complaining about this. It never entered my mind to think that this logo was racist and insensitive to anyone. And I guess that's the problem that our political enemies are faced with. They keep claiming that all sorts of things are racist even when they are obviously not.

How is the “Chief Wahoo” logo spreading hate or ill feelings? I don’t get it. It’s just a basic depiction of an American Indian.

They’ll probably try to get the Major League movies banned next. After all, the “Chief Wahoo” logo is seen throughout those films.

Any thoughts Ricky?

6 Likes

“Ricky Vaughn” turned out to be a major-league con-man. I wouldn’t trust or believe a damn thing he says.

But this Chief Wahoo baloney is just more proof of how unhinged the liberals are. Everything must be banned, removed or denounced in the name of their holy trinity of tolerance, diversity and inclusivity.

4 Likes

Weird how the kike that owns the Indians doesn’t have the same clout that the kike that owns the Redskins does

4 Likes

The stupid whites will still show up in droves to cheer for their favorite nigger or spic.

5 Likes

Major League Baseball would love to have a billion people in this country even if half of them were 70 IQ niggers from africa

3 Likes

Even innocuous little cartoons are banned.

3 Likes

64feb7d521c759f56505e05d0b5fc78028eaeccb

Tonight I’m going to watch The Paleface with Bob Hope. I know that’s a horribly racist title, but I don’t mind.

5 Likes

Every name and logo of these sports teams is going to be incredibly bland and boring.

3 Likes

@ForlornHope That’s true, those sportsball teams will have fruity, inoffensive names like the Washington Pinecones or the Miami Palm Trees.

4 Likes

svg_-picsay
Indians have confirmed their new logo

5 Likes

Replacing it with the face of squaw Elizabeth Warren should make the PC police happy.

She’s running against a real Indian, BTW:

4 Likes

I think we’re making some headway:

Ratings Down for All Four NFL Playoff Games

NFL wild card playoff ratings all drop by double digits

And these (all good news):

Shocker: Grammys Get Political, Fetch Lowest Ever Ratings

SNL Ratings at All-Time Low

MSNBC Hits 10-Year Ratings Low

Boycotts work - well, they’re working well at my home when it comes to the NFL. We can do same for NBA and NBL:

6 Likes

Pretty soon we shall see: San Francisco Snowflakes vs. Toronto Transexuals.

4 Likes